Chapter 1

Chapter 1

December 13

12:01 p.m.

The sky was so blue today; it was almost uncanny. Like the universe demanded that today be a good day even if it had no reason to. The sun shone brightly through the few clouds that hung over us like a mobile. It was an incredibly beautiful day to lounge around by the pool and soak up sun rays.

But I had other places to be. Parties, bars, beds, and maybe a hot tub or two – the usual, really.

Pulling into the parking lot slowly, I circled around until I found an empty spot close enough to the entrance to appease me. I promised Samara, that I’d pick up some coolers before heading over to her place. She was having a party tonight and I refused to miss it – even if the sun screamed for me to dress in a little black bikini and sun bathe.

I almost felt bad for people who didn’t live in California. It was December 13th here and it was still blazing hot. I couldn’t even begin to imagine having to put up with four months of snow and slush. Actual snowflakes coming down from the sky and polluting everything in sight with that pureness – it was disgusting.

Pulling down the mirror in front of me, I pursed my lips together in a sexy smile. I looked hot, like always. Not one of the guys at school could resist me. There wasn’t one of them (hot or popular) that I hadn’t slept with at one point or another. Brad was probably the only exception, but only because he was a total loser.

I ran my hand through the messy platinum blonde hair that cascaded down to the middle of my back and whipped out my lip stick. My lips lost their luster so I smeared on another coat of shine before stuffing the tube back into my Prada purse. I took another look in the mirror to check that I looked 19 years old. A smirk of content dashed to the lips of the image that reflected back at me.

Fake ID or not, I could totally pass for someone old enough to buy beer.

In reality, I was only 17. Not old enough to buy alcohol but definitely old enough to say that I had my fair share of getting drunk and one night stands.

That didn’t stop me from doing it all over again though. I bought wine or coolers or vodka for shots and then, I’d go to Samara’s or to Chase’s house and all we’d do is party. It was fun until the morning after where I’d barely be able to stand because of the humongous monster trucks running over my brain from a hangover.

Sometimes we’d even go to clubs. “We” as in me and Samara. I couldn’t be bringing Chase along though when we did because I’d hook up with some new meat. And having your boyfriend around when you were trying to get some hottie from the bar to take you home was not the easiest task in the world.

I threw both my legs out of the car and stood up. My hands went to smooth out my tight red dress as it crinkled from the movements. It was one of my favourite dresses. It clung to my boobs and my butt like glue and made me look sexy as hell.

I slammed my door shut, a smirk immediately reigning over my lips. The two guys exiting the beer store peered at me as they passed by. I could feel their stares on my ass. I couldn’t blame them though. I was every guy’s fantasy, whether they wanted to admit it or not. Even the homeless guy that sat at the end of the curb, begging for gin, gave me a second glance and a toothy smile.

Ew.

But I guess this little number worked its magic anyways.

I grabbed two bottles of Mike’s hard lemonade (for me and Samara), three cases of beer and a bottle of vodka. You know, in case Chase decided body shots were the thing tonight. He always wanted to try something new. I shouldn’t be complaining though – it was probably my fault. After having been with so many guys, I had a few new moves every week or so that I could show him.