War?

-three months later-
Dimitri pov

Rikki and I and a few more of my advisors sat in a meeting with Prime Minister Collins and his cabinet. It was almost nine o'clock at night.

"This was sent to us today." Collins said.

I took the document. It was a declaration of war.

"What?" I asked.

"Croatia, and Italy have declared war on us. Citizens with duel-citizenship are already being dragged into the streets and are being executed." I stood up and called Nick.

"Hey Dimitri, what is the pleasure of this call?" Nick asked.

"Get out of Italy!" I almost yelled.

"What?"

"Italy has declared war on Illea. And citizens with duel citizenship are being executed in the streets." I said.

"Where do we go?" Nick asked, worry filled his voice.

"Christiana! We need to go, pack light we need to go! Dimitri where can we go?" He asked.

"Croatia has already invaded Slovenia." One of the members of the Cabinet said.

"Italy is invading France." Rikki said as he looked at his phone.

"Spain, then get to Angels. If you need to bring Christiana's family then that may be harder. You won't be able to get plane tickets in Italy." I said.

"Alright, I'll call you once were in Spain." Nick said.

"Should we return the declaration?" Collins asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Start up the draft again. We're going to need as man able body men to fight." I said.

"Alright, we will sign the document in the morning," Collins said as he stood up.

My advisors and I stood up. We shook hands and left.

The ride to the palace was silent. I couldn't stop thinking. I called ahead to the palace, and had my parents aunts and uncles awoke. They needed to know what was going on.

Rikki followed me Into the parlor our family was waiting in.

"What's going on Dimitri?" Nikki asked.

"We're at war." I said.

"What?" Uncle Luke asked.

"Italy and Croatia have declared war on us. They're invading neighboring countries, and in Italy citizens with duel citizenship with Italy and Illea are being executed in the street." I said.

"Nick." Aunt Ella whispered.

"I've already called him. Told him the situation, and told him to get out of the country. I told him to call me when He was in Spain. From there he and his family will fly back to Angels. We're signing the declaration of war in the morning." I said.

Mom got up came over and hugged me.

"It's going to be alright. You and Collins will know what to do." She said.

"I hope we can. Collins knows so much more about politics, he was one of your advisors Uncle Luke, before I even knew I was going to be king. And know," I sat down in a chair.

"I don't know what to do. No one prepared me for war. Uncle Luke I'm not blaming you, but we were never at war during your reign. I need Pop, he would know what to do." I sighed.

Nikki took my hand.

"You will do the right thing. You have an entire congress standinging behind you and Collins to help the two of you make decisions. There will be Generals helping the two of you make the right decisions and what ever you decide, I will stand beside you supporting you." Nikki kissed my hand.

The next generation- where we go from hereजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें