First trials

A/n: so originally I had Evie going to the olympics before Nick.

Evangeline POV

Dad was coming with me to the trials. then again, he was my coach. and he and Uncle Michael were going to be the coach for the male swimmers in the next few weeks. the Olympics were being held in Angles this year.

When the plane landed, dad and I went to the hotel for the coaches and swimmers. Aunt Lauren and Aunt Missy were going to be the coach for the girls, I was excited to work with them.

When we got to the hotel, I felt small. Even though I was 5'8 I felt small. all the other swimmers had experience in huge races like this and I'd been in a few meets, at the Jr. Olympics but beside that the only people is raced were my brother, my Parents and my two best friends. I felt very out of place. "hey, don't sweat it. it's just another race." dad said.

"EVANGELINE," I heard yelled. I turned and saw Hope and Joyce running toward me. They engulfed me in a hug. Their parents came over. "hey Evie," Uncle Ryan said. "Don't call me Evie." I said. "why can't I call you Evie? Dallas does." he said. "he's the only one who I let call me Evie." I said. My aunt and uncles laughed. Dad put his arms around my neck. "Where's Ella?" Aunt Missy asked. "Angles, she wanted to stay with Nick," dad said. I wiggled out from his arms. "dad can Hope, Joyce and I go get coffee?" I asked. "sorry, you've got a race today. no coffee till after." dad said. "well their not racing, I could just get water." I said. "fine," dad gave me a twenty and told me to bring him the change. Hope, Joyce and I ran off to the coffee shop in the lobby.

Dallas POV
"Where did the time go?" I asked as Evie ran off with her friends. "I don't know?" Michael asked. "The children are time thefts, they stole our youth." Ryan said. "who are you, and where's my husband?" Missy asked. "I'm right here." Ryan picked Missy up and spun her. "Ryan is right." Lauren said. "he is, after kids everything goes faster. especially with twins?" I said. A guy came up to us. "coaches, follow me. You've got a press conference." He said. "I'll stay with the girls, and don't do anything I wouldn't do." Ryan said. "alright," Missy kissed his cheek.

We went to a conference hall. And took a seat. I told Evie's dog, Ariel to sit. It was just like when we were all still competing. "you four should know the process." the lady said. She chose on a man in the front row. "Prince Dallas, your daughter is racing in the trials, are you expecting a lot from her?" he asked. "I'm not expecting her to win every race. we never won every race. I just want her to have fun, and enjoy this experience." I said. the conference when on we all answered questions.

When it was over I finally signed in. and got our room. I called her. "Hey, where are you?" I asked. "still at the cafe." She said. "Alright, our room is 210, I'm heading up there now, come up soon." I said. "alright, I'll be up soon." She said then she hung up.

I went up to our room. It had two twin beds one for me and one for Evie. Our bags were in the closet. I laid down on the bed and took a power nap before Evie came back.

Evangeline POV
"Omg, what the heck, dad." Hope said as she was turning red. "hey, I've got more stories about your embarrassing moments." Uncle Ryan said. he was telling an embarrassing story about Hope. "Dad, please stop." Hope said. Joyce and I were laughing so hard. Hope was turning red. "hey, I've got stories about you two, too." he said. "Do tell." Joyce said. "well this is more about me and my idiotic youth." he said. "your still an idiot." Hope said. "yet you still love me, now hush children and let me tell a story. so it was the day before Evie and Nick were born. and Ella was in labor in Lauren and Michael's living room. and America had just gotten there. Dallas and Michael answered the door. Dallas hit me in the head with a Newspaper because I was acting like A dog. so he punished me like one. then Dallas threw his shoe down the hallway. and Prince and I ran after it. we then played Tug of war with it. then I returned to my seances." uncle Ryan said. "I miss Prince, he was so sweet." I said. He had died when I was six. I looked at my watch. "shoot, I've got a race in thirty minutes. I've gotta go, Bye. see you later." I said.

I grabbed my purse and ran to my room. Dad was asleep with Ariel also asleep across his stomach. When I came in she woke up and greeted me. I grabbed my suit from my bag. "Dad, the race is in thirty minutes." I said. He woke up. "alright," he sat up and ruffed his hair. Ariel jumped up on the bed and started licking his face. It was funny, we both started laughing. Dad pushed Ariel off the bed. So he could catch his breath. I went to the bathroom and changed into my suit. I put my track suit on. It actually wasn't mine, it was mom's from her first Olympics. I thought of it as good luck I always had it before races. I went of the bathroom and got my flip flops, swim cap on, again not mine but mom's, I got my own goggles and put them in my pocket. "ready girly?" Dad asked. "yep." I said. Ariel brought me her leash and I clipped it to her collar. We went to the deck and dad took Ariel's leash from me.

I went over to where girls were stretching. "Did you hear that Princess Evangaline is here racing?" One of the girls said to another. "Ya, isn't she like only fifteen?" The other girl responded. "She's fourteen, actually." I said. They didn't not respond. "I hope she can keep up with us if she wants to go far." A brunet said. "I don't know, her parents are really fast swimmers." I said. "oh shut up." The brunet said. "100 freestyle, swimmers to your blocks." the announcer said. I got up and put my swim cap on. and then my goggles. Dad hugged me and wished me good luck. "How do you know the Prince?" The brunet asked. "He's my dad." I said with a smile. Her jaw dropped. "swimmers to your blocks." I stood in front of mine. I took a step up On to it.

I took my mark. I dove in once the buzzer went off. I did my three dolphin kicks and did three strokes before breathing. I was pushing my self. Dad always told me and Nick, "If it feels easy your not doing it right." I touched the wall and shot off it from my flip turn. I could barely hear cheering and no other swimmers were in sight. I felt good about this race. I took a stroke and touched the wall. "Evangeline Schreaves has broken the world record for freestyle with the time of 50.02 seconds." I couldn't stop smiling. I shook hands with the other swimmers and climbed out.
Dad engulfed me in a hug. "I'm so proud of you." he said. "That was amazing." Aunt Lauren said. "I just pushed my self. Like what dad always says. if it feels easy, your not doing it right. So I pushed my self, where it didn't feel easy." I said. "That's my girl," Dad hugged me again. "The time That Princess Evangeline has just achieved will have a place reserved for her on the Olympic team." My dad wouldn't let go of me. Dad let go of me to answer his phone. "Ella, I know. it's amazing." Dad was saying. He handed me the phone to me. "Mom," I said. Dad gave me my cloths. I held the phone between my ear and shoulder. "Evangeline Elizabeth Schreaves, I am so proud of you. We all are. Nick stop it, you'll get your chance." Mom said. "Thank you." I said. "I saw you had my swim cap, you better take care of it." mom said. "I will, after all it's my good luck charm." "And it means a lot to me that you think that." She said. "We've gotta go, to the press conference." Dad said. I nodded and followed him. "Hey your brother wants to talk to you." mom said. "Finally," I heard Nick say in the backgroud. "Hey, you did amazing." Nick said. Thanks." "It's your new personal best. Great job, sis. Now I've got to get faster. Remember were going to the next Olympics together." Nick said. "I know we've been talking about it since we were eight." I laughed.

Dad signaled for me to end the call. "Hey, Nick I've gotta go to a press conference." I said. "Promise you'll call me a soon as your free." Nick said. "I will," I said. I hung up and gave dad his phone.

We went in and camera were clicking every where. Dad and I went and sat at the table. "Princess Evangeline, how does it feel to break a world record?" Someone asked. "Amazing," I answered. "Your the youngest here. do you think this proves age doesn't matter?" "I agree. Before the race I hear other girls saying I couldn't keep up with them. Well I just beat them all and broke a world record. so I support that there shouldn't be an age requirement." I said. "Do you think this is putting more stress on your brother?" "No, I think from this it will motivate him to work harder so he can be here at the next Olympics." I said. "and were out of time."

Dad and I Got up and we meet up with our friends Hope and Joyce hugged me. "Don't squish me." I said. Dad handed me my water bottle. "Thanks," I said. I drained the bottle. I hadn't gotten water after my race, I had been too excited.

A/n: it feels weird reading this, because my Evie is an actor. I forgot she's also an Olympic Swimmer.
-star