Chapter 19

I walked along on the outskirts of Magnolia, enjoying the nice weather while I stretched my legs and thought about what kind of job I should take on next.

Hmm, should I pick out something simple? Nah, I'm tired of all those easy jobs. Maybe I'll ask Laxus to bring me on an S-class mission. And I'm sure Bixlow and the others would want to go too.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by a thin wave of water whisking past my face. I stopped and watched as not only water, but also sand began swirling around in the air.

The sand and water slowly formed a couple of shapes in front of me. It was two girls, twins it seemed like. They looked identical except for their clothes.

One had a blue and white colored outfit while the other was clad in white, yellow, and orange colors. They both looked me up and down before looking at each other.

"Do you think this is her, Isako?" the one in blue asked.

The one in yellow answered, "I think so, Umiko."

So the one who controls water is Umiko, the one in blue. Then the one in yellow, who controls sand, is Isako. They're twins, and now I can see the Fallen Angel crest on the tops of their hands.

I quickly turned and ran. I could fight them, but I don't want to put any innocent people in danger. I need to get back to Fairy Tail. The others can help.

"Hey, where's she going, sis?!"

"I don't know, but we can't let her get away!"

I glanced back at them to see them following me. With these two girl's playful demeanor, I don't know whether they're toying with me or if they're just like that.

"Hey, can we stop running and just fight now, please?!"

"Come on, you've gotta be tougher than that, Isako! Water Slicer!"

"Oh, right! Sand Slash!"

I looked back to see the attacks coming at me. I quickly dodged them and went into the shadows, moving up the side of a building and onto a rooftop.

"Oooh, we can do that too! Let's go, Umiko!"

Their bodies turned completely into sand and water and whisked through the air and onto the roof. When they reappeared, I took off again, jumping to another roof.

With the two still chasing after me, I stopped momentarily to attack. "Shadow Sphere!"

I sent multiple dark orbs at them, but Isako quickly stepped in front of her sister. "Sand Wall!"

A wall of sand rose up in front of them, blocking my spheres. I quickly turned and jumped onto the next roof.

"Shadow Wings."

My black wings lifted me up and into the air. Hah, no way they can catch me now.

"Water Cane!"

I immediately felt something grab my ankle, stopping me midair. I looked back to see Umiko with a water whip made from her hand. She used it to yank me right out of the air.

I hit the roof with a thud, groaning in pain while my wings dispersed. With my hands against the rooftop, I used my next attack.

"Shadow Orochi!"

My shadowy snakes shot at the girls while biting through the water whip. Now free, I stood, and with the twins now fighting off my snakes, I charged toward them.

"Shadow Claws."

I slashed both of them as I passed them. Instead of stopping, I ran and jumped down onto the ground below. Now hearing people screaming and running, I continued onward.

The Future That Haunts Me (A Fairy Tail Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें