Chapter 2

A/N: In the picture is what Freya looks like.

I woke up the next morning to something poking my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes to see Milo's grinning face in front of me. I propped up on my elbow and yawned.

"Hey, Freya, time to wake up. Breakfast is ready."

I smiled at the boy and sniffed the air. "I can tell. It sure smells good."

Milo began tugging on my hand, forcing me to get up and follow him. He led me to the kitchen and sat me down beside him. Isla placed a plate in front of me before sitting beside Liam.

"Good morning, Freya," she said. "Did you sleep okay last night?"

I smiled and nodded. "I slept great. Thanks again for letting me stay."

"It was no problem," Liam replied.

"I guess I'll be leaving today then."

"Aww, do you have to?! Can't you stay a little longer?!" Milo whined.

I blinked at him. "Well...I really should get going soon."

"Come on, Freya," Isla chimed in. "You're welcome to stay longer if you like. We enjoy the company, right, honey?"

Liam quickly nodded in agreement. I took a moment to think, staring down at my food. Should I really be staying? I don't want to put this family in danger. But it should take some time for anyone to track me down again.

I finally looked up at them again and smiled. "I suppose I could stay a bit longer."

Milo jumped up in joy. "Yaaaayyy!"

I giggled at him and we finished our breakfast. Milo took me back to the living room where he grabbed a piece of paper and showed it to me.

"Look, Freya, you were sleeping for so long that I drew you in your sleep!"

I smiled and gazed at the picture. "Wow, what a lovely picture. You did a great job, Milo. It looks just like me."

His cheeks were tinted pink and he grinned up at me. "It was easy because you're so pretty. If I find something pretty, it's easier for me to draw."

I giggled and crouched down to look at him. "That's so sweet. Thank you."

I pat him on the head and stood up. I noticed Isla sitting in a nearby chair, smiling as she glanced at us and mixed spices and plants in a bowl. I grabbed my cloak and fastened it around me.

"Hey, Isla, I'm going into Onibus for a while. I'll be back later."

She looked at me in slight confusion. "Sure. What are you going to be doing?"

"Nothing much. Just looking around, seeing if there's anyone who needs my help."

She smiled. "You're such a kind wizard. If only there were more people like you out there."

I suddenly felt a hand take mine and looked down at Milo. "Come back real soon, okay?"

"Don't worry, I will."

I left the small house, seeing Liam gathering plants a small distance away. He hadn't noticed me so I decided not to bother him. I lifted my hood over my head, hiding my face as I headed out of the woods and into the town.

I passed by many people. Some of them gave me strange looks while others didn't even notice me. I began thinking to myself again. I wish I had a way to thank Isla and her family for taking me in and being so kind to me.

They seem to be pretty poor. I could tell by their clothes and things. Maybe I could get them something. I looked around and noticed a small jewelry store.