Chapter 3

As the days passed by, I continued to steal things for Isla and her family. But I didn't stop there. There would be times when I would see a hungry child in ragged clothes and couldn't help but steal food for them so they wouldn't go hungry.

It's been about a week now and I continued to stay with Isla's family. I know that I can't stay here forever, but I also feel bad about leaving them. Especially Milo.

I've watched him come down with numerous illnesses from nausea and stomach aches to colds and fevers. It seems like he spends half his life being sick and lying in bed.

So right now, I will do anything I can to help him and his family. I sat quietly on a roof, giggling to myself as I watched the people below frantically searching for the "master thief".

I took a quick bite of the stolen apple in my hand and gazed down at the silver bracelet on my wrist. That little girl is going to be so happy.

After finishing my apple, I merged into the shadows and raced across buildings to the train station. I saw the little girl walking with her older brother toward the train.

I emerged and rushed over to them. "Hey! Wait!"

The two kids turned around to look at me. I stopped and crouched in front of the little girl handing her the bracelet.

"Here you go. This is the one you wanted, isn't it?"

The girl gasped and slipped on the silver bracelet before smiling wide. "Thank you so much! It looks just like the one mom used to have!"

"I really appreciate that you did for my sister," the boy said with a smile. "We can't thank you enough."

I returned his smile and replied, "It was no problem. Seeing you both so happy is thanks enough."

Hearing the train whistle, the two kids began rushing to get on board. They looked back at me and waved. With the train starting to move, I waved back at them and watched the train leave the station.

With a smile of content on my face, I turned and left the station. I wonder if Milo will want me to draw with him today. I guess I'll head back and find out.

Bixlow's pov

"Hey, Freed, find a job yet?"

I strolled over to the request board where Freed stood and scanned over the different requests. He let out a sigh.

"No. Most of these requests don't pay much and are too simple for wizards like us."

I followed his gaze to the list of jobs and skimmed through them. He's right. Most of these aren't even worth the effort. But there was one that caught my eye and I pointed it out.

"What about this one?"

Freed looked at the one I pointed to. "Subduing a common thief? That hardly sounds like a job for the Thunder Legion."

"But check out the reward."

I noticed Freed's visible eye widen slightly. "800,000 jewels for catching a thief? That's a lot for such a simple mission."

"Maybe not. The description says that the thief uses magic and is uncatchable. Sounds pretty interesting to me."

"Sounds interesting!" my babies repeated.

Freed looked over to where Mirajane stood behind the counter. "I'm taking this job in Onibus, Mira."

"Okay, good luck out there!" she happily said with a smile.

Freed began leaving and I quickly caught up and walked with him. "Hey, you're not leaving me out of this, Freed. I'm coming too."

"Very well. I guess you were getting bored since Evergreen left us behind for that solo mission."