Chapter 16

My eyes fluttered open and I lazily looked around. I suddenly realized I was wrapped in Bixlow's arms and leaning against him.

I picked my head up with a red face and noticed Freed and Evergreen on the couch across from us. What happened last night?

Oh, that's right. I was rescued and our mission was successful. Then we came back here to rest, but that's all I remember. Hearing the small snores from Bixlow snapped me out of my thoughts.

I couldn't help but smile as I gazed up at him. I carefully moved his arms from around me and stood up. Seeing that I was still in the maid outfit, I went to the nearest bathroom and changed.

Once I came back, Freed was up and Evergreen was stirring. When they noticed me, I put a finger to my lips and pointed at Bixlow, who was still asleep.

I quietly went over and stood behind the couch where Bixlow sat. I carefully removed his visor so that I could see his face. I smiled and leaned over the couch, peering down at him.

"Bixlow, time to get up," I said while lightly tapping his forehead.

His eyes slowly opened and his dark red orbs met with my violet ones. A grin slowly spread across his lips. His babies, who seemed to be inactive while he slept, began floating up around us.

"Being met with your face as soon as I wake up? What a great way to start a morning."

I giggled and playfully rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, are we going to eat or what? I'm starving."

"I guess that means you're feeling okay then?" Freed asked.

I looked over at him and smiled. "I feel fine. I'm just really hungry."

Bixlow laughed and stood up. "Then let's get some grub!"

"Let's eat! Let's eat!"

The rich couple were nice enough to serve us breakfast before we headed out. We walked past several mansions when I noticed a black bird in the sky.

I squinted my eyes and watched it flying this way. Realization hit me and I instantly ran out of the street and hid in the shady area between a couple of small buildings.

With the trio quickly coming to my side, I was suddenly filled with fear and dread. Please don't notice me. Please just fly on by.

"What's wrong, Freya?" Evergreen asked.

I leaned back against the side of the cold brick, pulling my hood over my head. Without answering her, I slowly crept over and peeked around the side of the building.

I watched the raven perch on top of a streetlight. I could see the blue glint of its right eye and knew I was right. The bird let out a caw before glancing around.

"Corvus," I muttered.

"What? Who's Corvus?" Bixlow quietly questioned.

Freed frowned slightly and said, "Freya, what's going on?"

I quietly sighed. "It's Corvus, Draven's pet raven. He has a surveillance lacrima implanted in his eye. Draven can see everything that bird sees."

Another loud caw from the black bird caused me to jump. "W-What should I do? I can't let him spot me. I can't be found. But I don't know what to do."

I slid down until I was sitting against the wall while clutching my head in fear. I suddenly felt a presence in front of me and picked my head up to see Bixlow.

He was crouched over me with his hands against the wall on either side of my head. My eyes were wide as I stared up at him.

"B-Bixlow?" I stuttered out.

He smiled down at me. "Shh, it's alright. Just stay calm, okay?"

I quietly nodded, noticing Freed standing by our side, his shadow falling over us while Evergreen peeked around the edge of the building. Minutes of utter silence passed by before Evergreen finally came back to us.

"The coast is clear. The bird's gone."

Bixlow suddenly grinned and took my hand, standing me up with him. "See? Everything's fine, baby. He's not going to find you."

I smiled slightly. "Thank you, all of you. Can we just go home now? I don't want to stick around in case Corvus comes back."

The four of us went straight to the train station to get a ride back to Magnolia. As we sat on the train, I laughed a little, causing the trio to look at me.

"You know, it's funny. With all the fun and adventures I've been having with all of you, I had actually forgotten about Draven. That's the first time that's ever happened."

"But that's a good thing," Freed suddenly said.

Evergreen nodded in agreement. "He's right, Freya. You need to be able to take your mind off Draven. It's not healthy to only think about the fear and worry of seeing him again."

Bixlow suddenly cut in, "Besides, I've said it before, you're safe at Fairy Tail. You don't ever have to worry again. Just live your life and have fun."

"Live and have fun!" his babies echoed.

My smile only widened as I looked at each of them. "Okay then. I'll try not to think about it. You guys are the best."

We soon made it back to Magnolia and went straight to the guild. Seeing Laxus at one of the tables, I followed behind Bixlow and the others as they went and sat down with him.

"Laxus, you're back. How'd your mission go?" Freed asked him.

Laxus grinned triumphantly and took a few gulps of his drink. "Piece of cake. And what about all of you? How'd Freya's jobs go?"

I remained quiet while the Thunder Legion began explaining. They told him about my missions and my abilities. Bixlow even added about our time on Mt. Hakobe.

Laxus seemed to look at me in slight surprise. "Is that right, Freya? You actually tamed and rode a blizzardvern?"

I timidly nodded. Laxus suddenly smiled and stood up. He placed his hands on the table and gazed down at me.

"Well, by the sound of it, your magic is quite powerful. I know you just got back from a mission, but would it be alright if the two of us head out for a bit?"

"What for?" I asked.

He replied, "So I can see your abilities for myself. It's not for a job request or anything, think of it more as a test of your magic power."

I glanced at the others before nodding. "Okay. I'll prove myself to you, an S-class wizard, that I can handle myself."

"Good, that's just what I wanted to hear."

I stood and followed him to the doors of the guild hall. I suddenly heard someone's footsteps and stopped. I turned to see Bixlow quickly approaching.

"Just be careful, okay?"

I smiled at him. "I'll be fine, Bixlow."

Bixlow then looked over at the blond man. "Please don't do anything too extreme, Laxus. Make sure nothing happens to her."

Laxus wrapped and arm around my shoulder and laughed. "Stop worrying, Bixlow. I won't let your girlfriend get hurt."

I felt my face heat up and noticed Bixlow's turning red as well. "S-She's not my girlfriend."

"Sure, keep telling yourself that," Laxus replied with a smirk. "We should be back sometime tomorrow afternoon. Let's get going, Freya."

I flashed Bixlow one last smile before following Laxus outside. We left Magnolia and headed out into a small wooded area that quickly became a grassy plain.

I have no idea what Laxus has in store for me, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.