Chapter 18

A sigh of content escaped my lips as I wrapped a towel around my body. With Evergreen gone, I left the bathroom door cracked while I bathed. I dried my hair and started brushing it, all while softly singing to myself.

"I'm invisible
But I can't hide my heart
You can see it all
Even in the dark
I'm untouchable,
Take me in your arms
Take me from it all
'Cause I'm invisible, invisible"

I suddenly heard a creak and jumped upon seeing the door open in the mirror's reflection. I quickly relaxed when Evergreen's head poked in.

"Freya, that was beautiful. You have a wonderful voice."

I could see my cheeks turn pink in the mirror. "Thanks."

"You know, Mira likes to sing for us sometimes. You should join her onstage next time."

"Oh, I-I don't know if I could do that. She's probably much better than me."

She smiled kindly at me through the reflection. "I think you sounded just as good as her."

My blush darkened a little. I finished brushing my hair and got dressed into my nightgown. I then left the bathroom to see Evergreen sitting on the couch.

"Freya, Laxus and Bixlow told us about what happened. Are you feeling okay?" she asked.

I smiled and nodded. "I'm fine thanks to Porlyusica."

The brunette returned my smile and said, "Well that's good. I just didn't expect you to head back here so quickly without coming back to the guild first."

I stretched my arms and replied, "I just wanted to sit back and relax, that's all. I was pretty tired so I came straight back to take a nice, soothing bath."

She laughed lightly. "I guess that means you'll be turning in early tonight then."

I nodded. "Yep. So I think I'll read a chapter or two and then go on to bed."

I picked up the book I'd been reading and laid back in my bed. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Evergreen quietly head to the bathroom. After I finished reading, I went straight to sleep.

I dreamed that night of Draven and the guild, Fallen Angel. They were after me. Even after all this time. I suddenly woke up with a start.

What about that acid mage? I had forgotten about him. He could've went back to his guild and given my location away. I looked out the window to see that the sun was up.

With Evergreen still asleep, I quietly got up and got dressed. I quickly scribbled a note for her and left it on the table next to her bed. I then turned and left the room.

Bixlow's pov

I sat across from Freed and Laxus, gulping down my drink. I found myself constantly glancing at the guild hall doors, hoping to see Freya walk in at any moment.

After everything that happened yesterday, I was hoping to finally get some time to just relax with her. A huge grin spread across my face when I saw Evergreen come through the large doors.

But after a moment, I realized Freya wasn't with her and my grin instantly faded. Evergreen came over and sat next to me.

"Where's Freya?" I asked the brunette.

"She was gone when I woke up. She left this note though."

Evergreen held out a small piece of paper. I quickly took it from her and began reading it to myself.

'I went to the East Forest for some quiet time. I'll be back soon.
-Freya'

I looked up at Evergreen and asked, "Do you think something's wrong?"