Jake

The two of us always loved the beach. The feeling of sand between our toes and the water against our skin. It was utter bliss.
And as it was the first hit day in a long while, the two of Jake and I decided to invite our friends and have a gathering on the beach.
I put the phone down after calling Felix and his girlfriend Will. I looked over to Jake, his head in the fridge.
"Will and Felix are coming. Anything else we need to do?" I asked Jake. He shook his head, accidentally slamming it on the inside of the fridge.
"Ow". I chuckled and came to wards him, pulling him to my height. "Good going babe." He rubbed his head with his hand, all the while glaring at me.
I press my lips to his, his arm wrapping around my waist.
"All better now?" I ask. He nods and smirks at me, coming in for another kiss. I pull away out of his reach and walk towards a cupboard.
Jake groans, grabbing more things out of the fridge and stuffing them into bags.

An hour later I'm standing outside near the car, dressed in bathers and a jumper. I push the bags into the back of the car and close the boot.
Checking that my phone was on my pocket and everything was in the car, I turn to see Jake coming down the veranda steps. Keys in hand and towel slung over his shoulders, he looked relaxed. Catching me staring at him, he gives me a smile before opening the car door for me.
"You ready?" He asks, pushing the keys into the ignition.
"Yeah, I'm good. Let's go, the others will be waiting." He nods, driving the car out of the driveway.

Pulling into the carpark at the beach, I open the door and smile. Beneath the dunes, I catch a glimpse of Sam and a soccer ball, kicking it towards a disorientated Andy.
Jake and I pull the bags out of the car and walk towards our friends, a hoot of joy coming out of Sam's mouth at the sight of Jake.
"Finally, someone who actually wants to play some beach soccer." Sam runs over, swinging an arm around Jake and my shoulders.

The next few hours are perfect, eating tasty food, kicking the ball around and of course going for a swim. I collapse in between Jake and Felix, hair damp against my back and water glistening on my skin. The sun before us was lowering its self towards the horizon, the sky changing into different hues of pink and orange.
I look over to Will and Felix, Will wrapped in his arms against his chest, looking content just being there. Mia and Sam was standing towards the side, an arm wrapped around Mia's waist as she leaned against him. And then there was Ellen and Andy, the two laying next to each other and pointing out different shaped clouds, laughter emerging from the pair.
The sight of my friends filled me with joy, finally relaxing and enjoying being together and free from all the stress of the year.
"You know what?" Jake asks. I glance back at him, his arms pulling my back further into his chest. "I think this could be one of the best days of my life." He places a kiss on my shoulder, his hands against my stomach and my hands over his.
"And do you know what makes it so much better? The fact that your here with me." I smile back at him, gently pulling his face towards me and kissing his lips.
And at this moment, I was truly happy.
----------
Another little thing. Thank you for waiting.
Will x