She didn't fail often, but now she would have to report to her boss that she could not figure out what killed the demon this quick with such a small cut.

Amarié took a deep breath, inserting an elongated needle in the demon's brain. Her attempt at salvaging any remnants of the weapon in the demon's blood and around the cut was unsuccessful. But if she could just draw out even a small sliver of the demon's memory moments before his sudden death, then she could solve this mystery that worried her.

"LADY AMARIÉ!"

She didn't jump at his intrusion, sensing moments before his rapidly approaching presence.

Amarié stayed focused, probing the needle just slightly to the left to hit the memory area of the brain.

"One minute." She said coolly.

And exactly a minute later, Amarié withdrew the needle from the demon's brain, placing the needle in a glass tube, and in turn placing it in a clear liquid container.

After placing the container in a safe spot, she turned around in irritation.

Her 10 year old brother was standing there, excitement in his expression. 

"What did I tell you about interrupting me when I'm in the middle of a procedure?!" Amarié snapped.

"I'm sorry! But we have visitors." Taro said with a grin.

"Visitors?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"It's Lord Sesshomaru! And he's brought friends!"

"Interesting."

She disappeared in the form of a black mist, transporting herself to where Sesshomaru was.

The second she formed herself in front of them, she fearlessly approached Sesshomaru, ignoring the human girl in his arms and pulling his face down to hers, giving him a lingering kiss. Sesshomaru didn't kiss her back, narrowing his eyes at her as she pulled away with a smirk.

Master Jaken gawked at the sight. He couldn't believe she would do such a daring move on Lord Sesshomaru. But yet again, that's how she always was with him.

"Lord Sesshomaru. How I've missed you so much."

"I'm here for a favor." He said, getting straight to the point.

"So it seems." She said, her eyes trailing down to an unconscious Rin in his arms.

Taro watched eagerly on the side as Amarié touched her face.

"She is a beauty, Sesshomaru." Amarié said in awe. "What happened to her?"

"She's been poisoned. I need you to remove it."

"It seems that you've tried doing so yourself." She said, her fingers trailing over the fresh bite mark on her neck.

"I'll do what I can, Lord Sesshomaru. In the mean time, I'll need your patience. This may take a while."

"If you do anything else to her, put anything on her, I will kill you." He threatened. From the dark glare of his eyes, she knew he wasn't joking.

"A mere human really means this much to you, hm?" She asked, curious as she gestured Taro to fetch her one of her workers. He quickly obliged, disappearing from their sight in the same way Amarié had appeared in front of Sesshomaru.

"Just this one."

Amarié

Jaken, Sesshomaru's imp, had caught me up on the details of the events leading up to her being poisoned and after. Which wasn't much, because neither he or Sesshomaru were there. I dismissed him after a few minutes, knowing he would be of no more help.