Halloween

***Brylee's Pov***

I giggled as I watched the children of the pack prancing around in their costumes. It was Halloween and everyone was dressing up. I pulled my sweater closer to my body as the wind blew around me making leaves blow about. Carter and I decided we would go as pregnant Bella and Jake from twilight for Halloween. I laughed at the irony of Carters costume and shook my head. I pulled my shirt up to reveal the bruises painted there, I looked to the bruises painted on my arms, and I could only imagine how sunken in my face must look with the purple circles painted under my eyes. I had on black yoga pants, a grey sweater, and converse pulling together Bella's simple look. "You look rough." Carter joked from the doorway of the house. I smiled and looked back at him. He wore nothing but a cut off pair of jeans and black sneakers. My eyes hungrily took him in and my heart fluttered at how gorgeous he looked standing in front of me. "I feel violated!" He jokes as he covers himself with his hands. I laugh and walk into his welcoming arms. "Ah, Bella!" Peach screams from across the yard and I loose it when I see her costume. She stops in front of me pouting at my laughter. "Alice!" I say playing along with her. She had dressed up as Edwards sister Alice.
"I heard about your costume and decided we may as well match!" She says excitedly. "Aren't we a happy little family!" I joked "The party starts in an hour so be ready." She reminded me before she pranced into the house. The pack was throwing a huge Halloween party at our house and it was going to have lots of candy. I was excited about getting my hands on a caramel apple. I watched as the pack sat up a maze for the children and several Halloween related games. I winced at the sudden sharpness of pain spreading across my stomach. "Cut it out in there." I whispered to my protruding stomach. I had four weeks to go and this little boy would be free from my body. I was so ready to meet him and have him in my arms. I smiled at the thought of what he would look like. It was short lived as another wave of pain ripped across my stomach. "What are you doing in there?" I asked breathlessly. "Are you okay?" Carter asks with worry laced in his voice. "Yea, he's just kicking the piss out of me." I whined. "Maybe you should go take a nap before the party starts." He suggests. I nod my head in agreement and waddle upstairs. I crawl into the bed and I'm immediately sucked into sleep.

I awoke to the sound of music thumping from downstairs. I sat up slowly and winced at the soreness of my abdominal muscles. I carefully made my way downstairs and my eyes widen at the sight of the party in full swing. People crowded every inch of the house and most of them were dancing. I made my way through the crowd and entered the kitchen. People sat on the counters and stood around drinking foul liquid. I spotted peach in the crowed and sped walked to her. "Hey Bella!" She squealed. "Hey, have you seen Carter?" I ask. "Last I seen he was down by the lake." She said over the music. I nodded and bolted for the door. I felt like every room in this house was closing in on me and my breathing was becoming labored. Something was wrong. I could feel it in my gut and it wasn't good. I burst onto the crowded porch and all heads turned towards me. I placed my head in my hands as another wave of pain shot through my body. "Carter!" I screamed. I got no reply so I shakily made my way into the yard in search of him. Another wave of white hot pain shit through my body and I cried out. Tears were staining my face and my makeup was smearing all over. "Carter!" I screamed again more panicked. Something isn't right. This is bad. I stumbled onto the deck and met Carter's blue eyes. He took one look at me and rushed to my side. I looked up at him on shaking legs and cried out as another wave of pain shot through me. "I think the baby is coming early." I wheezed out. He sucked in a sharp breathe and pulled me up into his arms. He shot toward the direction of the car and placed me in the passenger seat. "Where are you going?" Peach asked Carter. "Baby is coming." He grunted before slamming the door and speeding towards the pack Doctor.