Pest Control

We stood before the mouth of the cave with wide eyes. Ari was in there and we had to get her back. My hands shook by my side and I looked to the others for reassurance. They had the same panic and fear written all over their faces. "How do we kill them?" I ask. "Wooden stakes!" Sam yells. I giggle nervously at her statement and look to Carter. "You're an Alpha, you must know how they're killed." I plead with him. He looks down at me with fear swimming in his eyes. "You plunge the stake through the heart and then rip their heads from their shoulders." He mumbles. I look at him in horror as I imagine the gore. "You can't do one without the other or they will just regenerate." He explains. I look behind me and Sam is gathering sticks in her arms. "I have a knife." Elaine offers. I take the knife and chip the sticks into sharp points. "They aren't the perfect stakes but they will do." I say while handing them all one. "I feel like we're in some crazy mid-evil battle." Sam says with a giggle. "Yea it's nuts." I giggle with her. I grip the stake in my hand and my palms begin to sweat. I look into the cave and several eyes look back at me. They're glowing a red color and they send shivers down my spine. "You guys see what I see?" I ask. "Yea!" They answer in unison. "Please help us goddess." I plead with her. I step into the darkness of the cave and my eyes instantly adjust to my surrounding. Five rather huge men stand before me and their eyes are boring into me with hatred. I smile at them and they look at me like I'm crazy. "I'm sorry but we have to kill you now." I say cheerfully as I skip up to the biggest. They chuckle deeply and snarl at me as I come closer to them. I look up into the big ones eyes and bite my lip seductively. "This one is brave!" He bellows to his friends while pointing down at me. "You sure you can handle me?" I tease him. His eyebrows shoot up and his mouth gaps open in surprise. "I'd like to give it a try." He teases back and Carters growl fills the cave. I run my hand up his stone cold chest distracting him. I clutch the stake firmly behind my back out of sight. I run my fingers through his hair and his eyes close shut. I take this as my chance and plunge the stake right into his heart. He lets out a loud scream but it's cut off quickly as the sound of flesh ripping sounds through the cave. I stare down at his detached head and my stomach churns. The other four soon overcome their shock and head towards me. I yank the stake from the big ones body and run towards my army for backup. Carter pulls me behind him and growls at the vampires. He bolts forward then ripping two of their heads off at once. I take action and plunge my stake into one of their hearts while Sam plunges one into the other. I look up to see the last two running deeper into the cave away from us. "Pussies!" I scream after them. I stare at all of the headless bodies around me and my stomach churns again. I can't hold it back any longer and soon I'm vomiting in a corner of the cave. Carter pulls my hair back and runs soothing circles on my back. "I'm okay now." I say while wiping my mouth clean. I look to my group and motion for them to follow me. We walk deeper into the cave following the torches along the walls. They had small flames flickering making them look like huge matches. The deeper we got into the cave the colder it got. I rounded the corner and what I saw made a scream escape my throat. Two vampires from before stood guard as one sunk his teeth into Ari.  I watched as she began to pale and weaken. Something snapped in me and I barged through the two guards at lightening speed. Carter and Sam followed behind me leaving destruction in their path. I slammed into the vampire over Ari knocking him into the wall. I rounded on him and plunged the stake into his torso but I missed his heart. He hissed at me and shoved me into the nearest wall. He pinned me between him and the wall. He trailed his fangs along my neck causing me to squeal. I screamed as he sunk his teeth into my throat. Everything around me began to swim and soon I drifted into darkness.