Not so happy

***Carter's pov***
"This has got to stop." I say to the woman beside me. "But why?" She asks in her high pitched voice. "Because Brylee is pregnant and I can't keep doing this to her. It would break her heart if she knew." I admit. "I can just use compulsion on you like I have done every time so far." She snaps. "It's rape!" I bellow. "It wouldn't work if you weren't thinking about it." She deadpans. "We were once a thing and now we're not. If you don't leave me alone I will tell the council and have you stripped of your powers." I threaten. Her eyes widen and she slips from the bed. "Fine! Have fun playing daddy!" She screams as she gathers her things and leaves the house. I drop to the floor crying in guilt. I can't believe I've done this. Brylee will surely leave me and take the baby with her. She will hate me and never want to see me again. That bitch has ruined everything with her manipulation! I punch the nearest wall of the pack house leaving a huge hole there. I pull my clothes on and head home to my fiancé.

***Brylee's pov***
Some things aren't what they seem. There's more to it than what the eye can see and what the ear can hear.
I read the pages of the book as I sip tea and watch the wind blow across the lake. I close my eyes and take in the feeling of the sun against my skin. I was reading a book about mates that cheat on one another. Carter doesn't know that I know. I can feel the unbearable burning in my mark every time he sleeps with that woman. I don't know how to confront him and most of all I don't know how to stop loving him. Everything changes now that I'm pregnant too. I tried to ignore the cheating and pretend that everything was normal in my life still. I couldn't keep doing it because the pain was unbearable. My heart literally ached with pain. I could let him visit with his child but I couldn't be the Luna of the pack. He would have to find someone to his liking to fill my position and be a step mother to our child. We wouldn't be the little happy family that I had wished we could be. Today when I felt my mark burn had been the moment I decided I would confront him. Tears streamed down my face as I thought of them together. What did she have that I didn't? Why did he like her so much? What did she have that I didn't? Why wasn't I good enough? Why did he do this to us? All the questions I had swam around in my head making me cry harder. I threw the glass that I had in my hand against the walls of the balcony and watched it shatter under the impact. "Brylee?" Carter asks hesitantly. I cut my eyes at him and growl dangerously. He lifts his hands up as a sign of truce. "Why!" I scream over my tears. "What are you on about?" He asks. "Oh you know Carter." I spit. "I really don't." He says nervously. "Who is she?" I deadpan. I watch as his eyes widen and his mouth gaps open like a fish. "It's not what you think!" He defends. "I know you slept with her three times Carter!" I scream. "Why didn't you say anything?" He asks. "Because I wanted to ignore it!"
"I promise you that I didn't do it willingly! She was using compulsion."
"Compulsion doesn't work with sex unless the thought has crossed your mind Carter!"
"She was an ex so I had been with her before and it was just a rush of memories Brylee."
"Whatever. I'm packing my things but don't worry you'll get visitation rights." I spit at him as I brush past him.
"Brylee please!" He begs as tears stream down his face. My heart aches at the sight of his tears but I fight through it. I sling my things into a bag and drag it behind me. I stop at the threshold of the front door and turn to him. "I love you Carter and that will never change." I whisper before I bolt from his house. I feel the overwhelming surge of guilt and sadness that washes trough me from him as I drive away. Tears stain my blouse as I drive blindly going nowhere in particular. Before I know it I'm parked in front of the pack house. Peach bolts down the stairs and meets my embrace. I loose it in her grasp and turn into a blubbering mess. "Oh honey come inside and tell me what's happened." She says. I nod my head and follow her up to her room. I plop down onto the bed and burst into tears again. "H-he's c-cheating!" I blurt. Her face turns bright red and a growl comes from outside the closed door. Nate barges in and stands before me shaking in anger. "Where the fuck is he?" He asks. "He's your Alpha baby." Peach says. "I don't fucking care!" He bellows making the house shake. "He's at home but don't kill him!" I squeak. "Why shouldn't I?" He asks. "I-I'm pregnant." I squeak again over the lump in my throat. Nate punches the door causing me to jump. "He's going to fucking regret this." Nate says before storming out of the house. "I didn't expect him to react so defensively over me." I admit to peach. "I did. He sees you as his Luna and no one screws over the Luna not even the Alpha." She jokes. I give a small laugh and sigh loudly. "I guess we're gonna be roommates!" I joke. "Looks that way. You can take the Alpha's room because the asshole deserves it." She growls. I nod my head and drag my bags to the room. This room was full of memories but it was all I had without intruding in on my grandparents even though they wouldn't mind. I put all of my things away and was settling into a warm bath when the pain started. A sharp pain surged through my left cheek and I shrieked as I was pulled into Carter's head. Nate stood before him and was landing blow after blow to his face. Carter wasn't even attempting to fight back and I began to panic. I gripped the sides of the tub as Nate continued to beat Carter. He threw two more hits before Carter was knocked unconscious. I was still there in the darkness with him. "Brylee?" His voice sounded in my head. I snapped back into my body and I inhaled deeply. I exited the bath and climbed into bed. I could smell Carters scent all over the sheets invading my nostrils. The tears that I was holding back soon came streaming down my face and soaking my shirt. I cried myself to sleep for the first time in a long time.

A/N: unedited