Jealousy

A/N: I am so sorry it's been so long since I have updated! I was in the hospital Thursday night and Friday. I was then in a wedding all day Saturday and Saturday night but I'm back! 

***Brylee's Pov***
I awoke the next morning to the smell of burning bacon. I bolted from the bed and ran for the door. Oh god Mawmaw has caught the house on fire again! I stopped when I realized this wasn't my room and I wasn't in my Mawmaw's house. I blushed from remembering the night before and looked down at my mark. I pulled on one of Carter's shirts and a pair of his boxers before heading downstairs. I rounded the corner into the kitchen and giggled at a panicked Carter. He was standing over a pile of black and smoldering bacon. "Cooking isn't your strongest ability." I laugh. He eyes me playfully and pouts. I shake my head and pull some eggs from the fridge. I crack them into a bowl and add salt, pepper, ham, bell peppers, and cheese. "Hope you like omelets!" I say in a sing song voice. "I love them." He groans as he watches me cook. I spoon three omelets onto his plate and one on mine. I place his plate in front of him and he inhales his food. I laugh and calmly eat mine and sip on orange juice. "You eat too slow." Carter whines as he sets across the table with an empty plate. "Do not, you eat too fast!" I defend. "I was thinking and I was wondering if you'd like to move in?" He asks cautiously. I study my empty plate and think about his question. I love Carter but we aren't married but we're mates so that counts as the same thing, right?  I smile and nod my head in agreement. "Good cause I had Nate and the boys getting your things anyway." He says innocently. I scoff and roll my eyes as he laughs. "I want to go to the beach." I demand. "That's like an hours drive." He whines. I pout my lips and whine. He raises his hands in defeat and mutters under his breath. "Fine, get ready." He agrees. I bound up the stairs and pull on my sun dress and sandals from last night.

I bounce in my seat excitedly as we park at the beach. The wind blows the white sand around and the waves crash against the beach. I step from Carters white Duramax and breathe in the salty air. He comes beside me and takes my hand in his as I smile. I pull him onto the beach and laugh as my feet sink into the sand. The wind whips my hair all around and Carters stares at me in thought. I walk ankle deep into the cold water and kick some in Carters direction. He jumps back and takes off in a sprint away from me. "Carter!" I scream after him. He stops in front of a red head and my mouth gaps open like a fish. She pulls him into a hug and he stiffens at her action. My face falls into a frown as I notice her appearance. She was built like a model and her skin was tan unlike my pale body. She had a warm glow to her and she wore a purple bikini. Her teeth were really white from being bleached. She was drop dead gorgeous compared to me. I stood there awkwardly feeling like a beached whale. I pulled my arms around myself trying to cover my fat and shrink into the abyss. She held him at arms length and studied him from head to toe and my wolf growled dangerously. Her eyes shot to me and I gave her a menacing glare. She smirked at me and batted her eyelashes at Carter. He then turned towards me and escorted her over to me. "Brylee this is Pe- uh Georgia." Carter says introducing us. "It's fine Carter you can call me Peach like old times." She flirts. I growl in warning and she rolls her eyes. "This is my mate Brylee." Carter introduces ignoring her statement. "Carter has offered to let me stay at his home for a few days while my dad is away." She brags. "Our house." I correct with a smirk. She looks to Carter with wide eyes and he shrugs his shoulders. "All I wanted was one normal day at the beach." I groan as I shove past them headed to the truck. I pull on the handle to get in and it doesn't budge. "Unlock the fucking door!" I growl at Carter causing him to jump. He hits the button and I climb in slamming the door shut in his face. He stares at me with guilt and opens the door for Georgia. "Carter I can't ride in the back! I have car sickness and you know that!" She whines. Carter looks to me expectantly. "You have got to be fucking kidding me!" I scream and sling the door open harshly. I walk over to Carte's side of the truck and climb in the back. "Just when things were getting good between us you had to ruin it." I whisper to Carter. His eyes widen and his mouth falls open. "Brylee I didn't do this to piss you off. She's an old friend and our dads are friends. If I didn't offer to help her it would have made things between the two packs sketchy." He explained. "You're lucky we're bound for life." I growl through gritted teeth. He takes that as my unwilling acceptance and climbs in the driver seat. I smirk and bounce my foot to the music against Georgia's seat. I then begin to sing Heartbeat by Carrie Underwood very obnoxiously. I was acting very immature but I didn't care. Jealousy brought out the worst in me and this was only the beginning.