Horse Playing

***Brylee's pov***
I awoke to the sound of Carter's phone ringing on the night stand. It had rang twice already and I had ignored it but it must be important for a third call to pierce the night. I groaned and pulled it from the stand looking the screen to see who it was. Nate! Oh god something had happened. I roll over and shake a sleeping Carter forcefully. "What the hell?" He yawns. "Nate is ringing for the third time." I mutter as I press answer and shove the phone to his ear. The Alpha in him comes out instantly and he stiffens beside me. "How is he?" He asks Nate. "Yes I'll be there soon. I need you to round up security and call for a lockdown. No women or children should leave their homes without an escort." Carter demands causing my blood to run cold. He ends the call and turn to me with wild eyes. "There's been an attack on the pack and my father died in battle. They're closing in on us and I have to go to battle." He explains as he's pulling his clothes on. "Then I'll go with you!" I yell in determination. "No! You will stay here! No women or children are allowed out. It's my job to keep my pack safe now!" He demands. "It's my pack now too!" I scream in anger. His face falls and he steps closer to me. "Brylee I don't want you to get hurt." He whispers as he pulls my hands into his. "I want to help." I state. "And you will by staying here and being safe." He shoots quickly. I pout and look to the floor. "I have to go. I love you Bry." He says before kissing my forehead. "I love you too Carter. Please be careful and let me know you're ok." I beg. He kisses me softly and quickly on the lips before he disappears into the darkness. I watch from the window as his wolf stops at the tree line and let's out an earth quaking battle call. Tears stream down my face as he disappears from my sight headed to battle. "Our mate will be fine, he is strong." Lily comforts. I sigh and head for the barn behind the house. I pull the doors open and the smell of fresh hay hits me. Movement from one of the stalls catches my eye and I carefully walk towards it. I gasp in surprise when a beautiful white and black horse is looking back at me. She's completely white and covered in black patches like someone had taken paint and slung it on her coat. Her mane was completely black and her blue eyes stood out drastically against the dark color. "Oreo." I whisper naming her. I place my hand gently on her muzzle and she neighs. I run my fingers through her mane and run my hand down her muscular neck. She's really soft and built. I smile and hug her around the neck. She towers over me so she has access to my hair which she tries to eat. I giggle and pull my hair free from her mouth. I walk to the bail of hay and pull some loose. I place it in front of her and she nibbles on it gently. "You're a pretty girl." I whisper to her. "I see you found my horse Cookie." Peach says from the barn doors. "Your horse?" I ask dumbfounded. "Yea daddy got her for me when I was sixteen." She says with a shrug of her shoulder. "She's beautiful." I saw in awe. Her eyes widen and she steps closer to her horse. "Thank you." She whispers. I giggle and look to her. "You're welcome." I whisper back to her. "Wanna ride her?" She asks excitedly. "Uh, I don't really know how." I admit. "Come on, I'll teach you." She encourages. "Ok I'll try it." I say full of panic. She opens the stall and pulls the horse by her lead. She pulls the saddle blanket on her and the saddle soon follows. She straps the saddle to the horse securely and then attaches the reigns to the bridle and bit. "Time to ride!" She squeals excitedly. "Just put your right foot in the stirrup and bring your left leg over." She explains. I do as she says and it isn't long before I'm seated atop the big horse. I look down at peach in horror and she giggles. "Now grab the reigns and place both feet in the stirrups. I do as she says and my thighs tighten around the horse in fear as she shifts her weight beneath me. "If things get too rough hang onto the horn that's on the saddle and pull back on the reigns gently. She should stop but if not pull the left foot from the stirrup and bring your right leg around from behind and jump off." She instructs while I nod my head in understanding. She gently pops the horse on the butt and I scream as she walks forward towards the open doors. I gently bounce in the saddle as Cookie trots around the house. It isn't long before I'm comfortable with her and we take off into a sprint. I laugh like a maniac as the wind blows my hair back and the horse moves beneath me. I pull back on the reigns gently and she comes to a slow trot again. We head in the direction of the barn again where Peach is waiting for us. She grabs Cookies lead and I slide off the horse. As my feet are about to make contact with the ground my mark burns horribly making me fall to the dirt in agony. "Carter!" I yell out in a panic. Peach is before me in an instant helping me up. "What is it? What do you see!" She asks frantically. My eyes blacken and I'm sucked into Carters mind. A big brown wolf was crouched over him and his teeth were sunk into his neck. I screamed loudly at the image before me and it escaped through Carters muzzle. I sunk my teeth into the wolf above him and slung him to the side. I could feel blood gushing from Carter and his life force fading. Nate appeared then and killed off the last wolf that had attacked Carter. Nate shifts and picks up Carters motionless body and I'm harshly snapped back into my body. I take in a sharp breathe as I focus on my surroundings. Peach is looking at me frantically and the horse is spooked. "Carter is badly hurt." I say through tears. "Come on we need to get you to the pack house." She says while pulling me along. I nod in agreement and we slide into Carters truck. We pull out of the driveway and speed to the pack house where my mate is dying.

A/N: Not edited. Like, comment, and share please!