Trouble

***Brylee's Pov***
I'd skipped school for a week ignoring both Damon and Carter. When they'd call I'd ignore it and when they'd show up I'd lock all the doors and windows. No matter how much they both begged I'd ignore them. Damon wasn't even suppose to come back here and if he were to get caught disobeying orders he could be banished. I wasn't ready to face either of them. I was embarrassed about what I had done with Damon, heat is a merciless bitch. I was also angry with Damon for taking an advantage of me in that state but Carter could have handled it better.
I groan as I pull on my overalls and rain boots. I had promised Mawmaw and pawpaw that I'd get out of the house today and fish with them. I walk down the stairs where they're getting the fishing reels ready. "Ok I'm ready." I say while tugging on my straps. "Okay baby doll." Pawpaw answers sweetly. He was an average weight old man with his head shaved. He always wore a cap with overalls and you never seen him without them unless he was sick. My Mawmaw was a short old lady and she was fiery and full of passion. Her hair was white, it had never grayed. She was really tan from the Choctaw on her mothers side and the Italian on her fathers side. Her face was wrinkled and aged but she was well preserved for seventy. I smile as they tease each other about who would catch the most fish with the catalpa worms as bait. "You coming?" Mawmaw asks bringing me out of my thoughts. I nod and follow her to the old beat up ford. I climb on back and set down in the bed.

We pull up to the creek bed and I jump from the back taking my spot by the big oak tree. I pull a catalpa out of the bucket and laugh at their weird antenna looking things on their butt. I pull the worm in half and thread the hook through the worm and cast it. I aim for the area I know has a bed of red bellies. I squeal in excitement when the reel bobs. I yank back on the reel and reel it in. I hold up the palm sized red belly and smile at pawpaw. "First fish of the day!" I brag. "Nah! I caught that fish!" Pawpaw teases as he takes a spot by me and casts his reel. Mawmaw takes a seat by pawpaw and casts her reel right over his. I laugh as he complains. "Shut up!" He teases and throws me a playful glare. "Ahoo!" Mawmaw yells as she holds up a baby brim. "Biggest fish I ever did see!" I tease. We all fall into a fit of giggles before relaxing into a comfortable silence. This is just what I needed. I've missed spending time with them.

"I caught the most fish!" Pawpaw brags as we clean them in the backyard. I laugh and continue scaling the fish with my spoon. I cut its head off and gut it before chunking it into the bowl of water. "The fish are clean and ready to be fried!" I yell to Mawmaw. I carry the bowl inside where she has the grease heating up. She places them one by one in cornmeal then dumps them into the grease. I pour a bag of coleslaw mix into a bowl and spoon in mayonnaise. I mix the two up then add sugar and raisins. I taste test it and groan in delight. I cut up the fresh red potatoes into strips for fries and placed them on the stove to be cooked next. My mouth waters at the sight of the fried fish. "I'm gonna take the trash out." I say while heading for the front door. I drag the bag out into the dark and throw it over into the garbage bin. I stand still and take in a deep breath. What's that smell? Vanilla? No. Cinnamon and Cedar. Carter! I spin around just as his wolf is walking up to me. He whines and drops his clothes to the ground. His wolf slumps to the ground and looks up at me. I shiver under the gaze of his blue eyes. I've missed him. I need him. Without interaction with my mate we will both die. I sigh and drop to the ground beside him. I hug his neck and bury my face into his fur. I run my fingers through his fur as he purrs in delight. "Dinners ready! Y'all come on in and eat now! Ya hear!" Pawpaw yells off the front porch. "Want to join us for dinner?" I ask Carter. "Uh yea ill join you." He hesitates. I walk inside and take my spot at the table. "Where's your friend at?" Mawmaw asks setting down at the table. "Mate." Carter says walking into the room. Mawmaw jumps and looks up at him. Her jaw drops and she looks to me. "Oh lord have mercy! You didn't tell me you were mated to the future Alpha!" She spits loudly. I smile shyly and look at my plate. "That's my baby girl! You'll be an amazing Luna!" My pawpaw cheers. "Yes sir she will." Carter agrees taking his spot by me. I dig into my food ignoring their conversation. "May I be excused?" I ask when I'm done to be polite. "Yes you may my dear." Mawmaw says pretending to be prim and proper. I laugh and dump my dishes in the sink. "Wanna join me?" I ask Carter. His eyebrows shoot up as he nods his head. "It was nice meeting y'all." He says as he follows me up the stairs. I close the door behind us and walk to the tv. "What do you want to watch?" I ask. "It doesn't really matter because honestly I'm gonna be watching you instead." He gushes as he pulls my hair out of my face and tugs it behind my ear. I blush and look up into his eyes. They were so blue and full of...love? Yea they were full of love and admiration. His hand was resting on the side of my face and I kissed the palm of his hand sweetly. "Why were you so hateful before we were mates?" I say asking the question that's been bothering me. He hangs his head low and sighs. "I was stupid and I kind of liked you. I figured if I was mean to you I could ignore it. I guess fate had a different plan." He explains chancing a glance at my smiling face. "You liked me?" I boast. "Yea." He gushes. Before I knew what was happening he pressed his heavenly lips against mine. Unlike last time it wasn't full of lust. This kiss caused fireworks to explode in my head. It was full of emotion and it was tender and sweet. I pulled back to catch my breath and he laughed. "How about we watch The Last Song." I suggest. He shrugged his shoulders so I popped it in anyway. He climbed into my bed and opened his arms wide for me to crawl into to them. I lay on his chest hearing his heartbeat and I'd never been happier.

***Damon's Pov***
I watched from the edge of the trees as she rested on his wolf. She buried her face his fur and smiled. Did she not care that he was the reason why we couldn't see each other? Did she care that I loved her? I growled as I watched Carter walk into the house after. He turned around and looked me dead in the eyes and smirked. "She's mine." His voice rang loud in my head as he closed the door. Carter will regret ever taking her from me. She will be mine again even if it means I have to take her. I'll kill him if he comes after her too. I snarl and howl at the moon vowing to go through with my plan soon.

A/N: Zayn Malik aka Damon sings pillow talk and he was part of One Direction!