Brother?

Today was my date with Nathan and my stomach was in knots from nerves. I look at the clock to confirm that I have one hour exactly to get ready. I dig through my closet until I come across my topless emerald green dress that stops at my knees. It fit flush to my body showing off my thick curves. I pulled my hair up into a curly bun so I looked sophisticated and relaxed at the same time. I reach for the diamond earrings and necklace Damon got me for my birthday last December and put them on. I set in front of my vanity and apply eyeliner with a small wing, contour my face, and apply apple red lipstick. I smile at my reflection and pull on my heels accented with diamonds. I look like I'm ready to walk on to the red carpet any minute. Do I look good enough? Oh god what if I've overdone it? What if he changes his mind? "Br-Brylee?" Damon asks stopping my mental battle. I smile up at him through my long lashes and he bites his lip. "Yea?" I ask. "You look really beautiful firefly. Nathan is one lucky guy." He gushes. "Thanks Damon." I say while kissing his cheek lightly. He pulls my hands into his and stares into my eyes. "Brylee I have something to tell you. It's something I should have told you long before now." He says causing my heart to race with fear. I stare up at him with expecting eyes waiting on his answer. "I've lo-" Damon says before he was interrupted by the ringing of my doorbell. "My dates here! We'll talk about this later!" I squeal with excitement as I run for the front door. I pull the door open and stop to take in Nathan's appearance. He had his blond hair swept to one side and he wore light wash jeans with a pink polo shirt. His blue eyes shone brightly against the night sky and I blushed shyly. His eyes widened as he took me in looking from head to toe really slow. "You look amazing." He says astounded. "So do you." I compliment. "I kinda feel bad about taking you back to the pack house for a home cooked meal made by me." He awkwardly says running his hand through his hair. "No! It's fine I love thoughtful dates." I reassure him smilingly brightly.
We pull up to the pack house and it's swarmed with people. I look over at Nathan and raise my eyebrow. "I swear I told Carter we needed the house alone tonight." He groans. "It's not your fault believe me he did this on purpose." I reassure him. He smiles and exits the car to open my door. We walk up the steps hand in hand as people stare. I hold my head high and smile innocently. I see Carter with his back to me talking to some red head. Too bad her hair can't compare to mine. I prance up to him and tap his shoulder. He turns around and stops dead in his tracks with his mouth gaped open. Is something on my face? Is my cleavage hanging out? I panic and look down at my appearance. No I'm not unpresentable. "What?" I ask annoyed. "You're beautiful." He whispers causing my eyes to widen like saucers. "You're freaking me out. Carter John does not compliment the fat girl." I tease. "Shut up." He gushes. "Enjoy your date, I know I will." I say walking away with a wink. I look around the room for Nathan and finally find him talking to Nate in the corner. I walk closer and I'm floored by their resemblance to one another. "Brylee! Have you met my brother Nate?" Nathan asks. "Brother?" I shoot. "Yea we're fraternal twins." He explains. "Yea we've met." I snarl looking at Nate. "I take it you don't like each other." Nathan questions. "He's an ass to me." I confirm. "I'm gonna go now." Nate says before walking away quickly. "Want a drink?" Nathan offers. "Yea I'll take a margarita on the rocks please." I say sweetly. He smiles and heads for the kitchen.

***8 drinks later***
"Oooh!" I scream standing on the roof of the cabin surrounded by people. I'm attempting to jump from the roof into the river without killing myself. I laugh frantically as I twirl in circles looking up at the stars. "You gonna do it or not!" One guy in the crowd screams up at me. "Ok here it goes!" I yell before walking to the edge. "Brylee Paige Anderson!" Someone screams. I turn to look for the culprit and loose my balance falling to my doom. My body slams into the concrete and a sharp pain shoots through my skull. I feel warm liquid running down my face and I reach up to feel it. When I pull my hand back its covered in sticky blood. I look around and my vision is foggy. "Brylee!" I hear my name being called in the distance. Carter appears over me with a fear stricken face. What's happened to the pack? I think frantically. Tears are streaming down his face as he cradles me in his arms. "Don't leave me." He whispers before I'm sucked into the black that's consuming my body.

***Carters Pov***
Two fucking weeks! That's how long she's been in a coma. The doctor over our pack has never seen anything like it. Her wolf should have healed her as soon as she was injured but her wolf was unreachable because of the amount of alcohol she consumed. That asshole Nathan did this to her! He should have been protecting her! "No you should have been protecting her! She's our mate not his!" Zander chastises. I hang my head low knowing he's right. "Mr. John?" The pretty brunette behind the desk calls. "Yes?" I ask hoarsely. "You can see her now." She whispers sympathetically. I walk up to her door and slowly push it open. My wolf howls when I see her laying motionless with only the steady rise and fall of her chest as signs of life. I breathe heavy and set by her bed. I take her cold hand in mine causing sparks to shoot up my arm. I study her pale face and rosy lips. "I'm so sorry." I cry with tears escaping my eyes. "It's not your fault." She whispers. I snap my head up and look into her bright green eyes. "You're awake!" I cheer. "Yea I woke up this morning." She whispers softly. "I thought you didn't like me Carter? Why are you here?" She deadpans out of the blue. "I don't like you romantically like fate thinks I should but I do like you as a friend Brylee, you're an amazing women." I explain guiltily. "I understand." She groans as she sets up. "I'm not going to reject you but I think we should both move on with our lives." I suggest. "I agree." She answers way to quickly. I frown and look at the tiled floor. Why can't she put up more of a fight? Maybe i'd reconsider if she'd put forth the effort. No, I know Brylee she's not like that and that's why I think I love her...and it scares the shit out of me. I'll let her go for her own sake. She doesn't deserve someone like me. She deserves so much more than I can offer. I get up and exit her room vowing to make the women I love hate me for her own good.