Firefly

Carter visited everyday so far for two weeks and we became good friends but he could never fill the hole Damon had left in my heart. I woke up some nights in a cold sweat remembering what we had done and how he left me so easily. The Damon I thought I knew would never take advantage of me like he did, it had to be my heat. I missed him terribly. I miss his voice, his smile, how he called me firefly, and how he embraced me and made me feel loved when no one else could. I smiled at the memory of my best friend and a sad tear rolled down my cheek. "What's bothering you Brylee?" Carter asks from the spot on the bed beside me. "I miss him Carter. I miss Damon so much. He was my best friend and my rock when the world was against me." I cry. He hung his head low and groaned in frustration. "You make me feel so bad for the decision I made for our pack Bry." He says calling me by the pet name he had given me. "I know he would complicate things Carter but that doesn't make me miss him any less." I explain. An unknown emotion flashes in his eyes and just as fast it's gone again. "You're my best friend Brylee and I want you to be happy. If that means bringing Damon back into the picture then so be it but I have rules." Carter states causing me to perk up. "Anything!" I shout excitedly. "No sex, kissing, flirting, staying over at each other's house, and you can not be in the same room together with the door closed." Damon demands. "Yes daddy!" I tease. He growls and shoves me against the bed. His lips were on mine in an instant and they were gone again all too soon. "Friends don't kiss friends Carter." I chastised. "You're the one that wants to be friends baby, not me." He teases as he heads for the door. "Leaving so soon?" I ask. "Yea I've got a meeting at six, Alpha stuff." He explains with a shrug of his shoulders. "Bye Carter! Be safe!" I called after him. I walk downstairs where I can hear Mawmaw raising her voice. I round the corner and see her arguing with pawpaw. Pawpaw sees me and his eyes light up. Uh oh. "Brylee here can go get it!" Pawpaw suggests smiling at Mawmaw innocently. "Go get what?" I ask horrified. "Can you be a dear and walk to your aunts house for a cup of sugar? I need it for my cobbler and this old fart refuses to go get it." She asks kindly. "Walk? Why can't I take my truck?" I asked full of confusion. "Oh, the new baby has colic and she just got him to sleep." She explains. I sigh and head for the door. It was dusk out but I could see decent enough. I began my one mile walk to my aunts humming a Disturbed song. I would have no idea about the band if it weren't for Damon. "Singing a bit of Disturbed I see." Damon's voice sounds from behind me. I squeal and turn around. "You scared the daylights out of me!" I screech. "I've missed you firefly." Damon says sadly. "I've missed you too Damon." I reply. "Not enough to choose me over him?" He asks catching me off guard. I stand there with my mouth gaped open like a fish. "That's what I thought firefly. Don't worry I forgive you and I still love you. Now this may hurt a bit but know that I am so sorry firefly." Damon states with fury glowing in his eyes. For the first time in my life I was afraid of Damon. "Damon what are you doing?" I ask as he steps closer. With each step he takes towards me I take a step back. He lunges for me and stabs a needle into my thigh. "No!" I scream before everything swims into darkness.

***Damons Pov***
I watched as she walked along the side of the road humming Disturbed to herself. I smile knowing who introduced her to the band. I walk behind her carefully. "Singing a bit of Disturbed I see." I say scaring her and causing her to squeal and spin around. "You scared the daylights out of me!" She screeches causing me to flench from the harsh tone. "I've miss you firefly." I whisper as sadness courses through my veins. "I've miss you too Damon." She replies with a smile. Ha! If you missed me you would have told him to scram! We would still be together! "Not enough to choose me over him?" I spit bitterly at her. She stands there with her mouth gaped and I smirk. "That's what I thought firefly. Don't worry I forgive you and I still love you. Now this may hurt a bit but know that I am so sorry firefly." I say sincerely. I didn't want to hurt her but she left me no choice. Her eyes shine bright with fear and my wolf whined. "Damon what are you doing?" She asks shakily. With each step I take she takes one back and it was beginning to annoy me. I lunge for her and jab the needle that I had concealed into her thigh pushing the liquid in her. "No!" She screamed before being sucked into the darkness. I lift her limp body up and carry her to my truck up the road hidden in the bushes. I was taking her tonight either way but she made it easier by taking a late night stroll alone. I had watched her house for weeks and learned her schedule. I watched Carter come and go each day. There were even a few nights he stayed and didn't return home. My blood boiled at the thought and I threw her into the passenger seat a little too roughly. Her head slammed into the back glass of my ford and I cringed. "I'm sorry firefly." I whisper as I kiss the spot that had hit. I climb into the single cab truck and pull out. I begin the ride due East to my hide out. "She's mine now and forever." I telepathically brag to Carter with a smirk. I cancel out any connection with the pack and punch the gas.