Great Uncle

It's been two months since I reconciled with Carter and we were in the middle of autumn glooming closer to winter.  My stomach had swollen so dramatically that I could no longer see my feet when I looked down and people would gawk at me in public. My breasts had also started to leak some clear liquid at night and during warm showers. It was very disgusting but my OB assured me it was normal. A loud knock brought me out of my trance and I glanced at the wall where Carter was nailing a picture up. It was a picture of Kaiser's most recent ultrasound photo. The nursery was coming along well. The walls were painted a teal blue with a white undertone to look like the ocean. Paintings of light houses and anchors were hung up above his pale brown crib. His comforter was also teal blue and reversible so it could also be pale brown and white stripped. The rocking chair sat in the corner with anchors carved into it and it also had a foot stool so I would be comfortable during late night breastfeeding. The carpet was a cream color which would be a nightmare when he got older but it would work for now. His changing station sat against the left wall and his closet was to the right of it full of the cutest clothes. Carter was setting up his swing and bouncy seat in the other corner that were also decorated in little anchors. We also had a baby blue bassinet by our bed with a mobile. The mobile had small wolves hanging from it and I giggled at the irony. His teal blue and white chevron pattern car seat was installed in the truck already. His stroller that matched the car seat was stored in the hall closet along with the hospital bag. His diaper bag sat inside the crib stuffed full of the necessities along with his brand new baby tub. "Looks like we've gotten everything." I mumble to myself. "Everything except a baby to use it." Carter joked. I let out a hearty laugh and Kaiser squirmed within me at the sudden movement. "Two more months at the most." I remind him. "I know but I'm so ready to meet him." He whines. "He needs to grow and be completely ready before he comes out." I explain. "I know baby." He walks up to me and hugs me from behind as we take in the finished nursery before us. "It's perfect." I whisper. He kisses my head and I sigh in content. His phone rings suddenly causing all three of us to jump in surprise. He exits the room to take the call and I set down in the rocking chair. I pull my shirt to reveal my swollen belly and run my fingers along it. I giggle when I see Kaiser pushing out against my hand. My skin stretched out where he would turn, roll, and kick. I could make out the imprint of his foot pushing against me from the inside and I quickly snapped a photo. I rubbed his tiny foot and he rolled over sending my belly into something sort of like a wave. I pull my shirt down and waddle downstairs where Carters muffled voice can be heard. I round the corner to the kitchen and see him in a heated conversation with someone on the other end of the phone. He looks over at me as he's ending the call and runs his hand through his hair. "I've got to go to battle." He whispers. "No!" I demand forcefully. "Brylee, I've got to protect you, our baby, and this pack." He says trying to reason with me. "Every time you're hurt I leave my body and I'm sucked into yours! What if it hurts Kaiser?" I cry. "Then I won't get hurt." He says as he kisses my forehead and heads out the door. I throw my hands up in the air and scoff at his retreating figure. "Unbelievable." I groan.

It had been two hours since Carter had left and I still hadn't heard anything from him so I decided to drive down to the local Starbucks. The bell on the door dinged alerting them of my entrance. All the eyes in the room landed on me and I smiled awkwardly. "Luna, please come and take a seat." The petite brunette said ushering me to a booth across the aisle from a mysterious looking gentleman. "What can I get for you?" She asked enthusiastically. "I'll take a decaf caramel and vanilla coffee please." I said smiling up at her. I pulled the sleeves of my green sweater down over my cold fingers and caught the man staring. I glanced at him and he diverted his gaze. He was dressed in a silk black shirt and pants. His brown hair was shaved into a buzz cut bringing out his muscular features. I noticed the briefcase by him on the seat and assumed he must be an important man. "Can I help you?" He asks making me jump. My mouth gaps open as I try to think of a response. He laughs loudly and it eerily sounded like Carters laugh. "Just trying to figure out who the new member to the pack is." I say confidently. "I'm not new sugar." He says with a wink. I shiver under his gaze and turn my attention to my coffee. "Now is that any way to treat your babies great uncle?" The man asks making me choke on my coffee. "Great uncle?" I question through a strained voice. "The names Romeo and I'm Carters long lost uncle from Italy on his mothers side." He explains. "How come I've never heard of you?" I suspiciously ask. "Because I'm the black sheep of the family." I nod my head in understanding. "So is it a boy or girl?" He asks pointing to my protruding belly. "A boy." I say through a smile. "What's his name?" "Kaiser Lee."  "Ah, a nice strong name for a future Alpha." I smile at Romeo slowly warming up to his bubbly personality but something about him still made the hairs on my arm stand up. "So why are you here?" I ask. "I have business to attend to with my dear nephew." "He's out at battle right now" "oh, I know."  "How do you know?" "Because I have a plan my darling and that involved a distraction. I sent the Italian rogues to get Carter away from your side. It was just luck you came to me before I came to you." I sat there with horror on my face and was about to bolt for the door when I noticed a gun pointed right at my growing son inside the womb. I gulped hard and looked him in the eyes. "What do you want with me?" I mumble. "I'm taking you back to Italy with me where you will give birth to OUR son and I will raise him to become the powerful leader that he is destined to be. He will be Alpha of the rogues and you will be my Luna until that day comes." He says spewing his delusions. "You're crazy if you think I'll willingly leave here with you." I growl. "I thought you may say that." He says as he stands up. He advances on me quickly and before I can react he knocks me across the head with the butt of the gun. Blood oozes down my face and I unwillingly slip into blackness praying that my baby boy is okay.