Feelings

*Saturday morning*
"Whatcha doing today pawpaw?" I ask before taking a bite out of my banana. "Me and Saddie are goin fishin over at oakie woods." He says in his thick southern accent. I hear the screen door slam shut and I turn around to see Damon before I can reply. "Get ready to ride and swim!" He screeches excitedly. "Let me go put my fatkini on and we'll get out of here!" I squeal while bounding up the stairs. I pull my emerald green fatkini on which is like a bikini but covers up belly fat. I throw my hair up and pull on my sunglasses.
I climb onto my red Honda Rancher 420 and scoot back so Damon can take the drivers spot. "Letting me drive today I see." He teases. I giggle as he climbs on and my arms encircle his bare sculpted chest. He starts the four-wheeler up and we shoot forward into the trails behind my home. I duck to keep from being beheaded by tree limbs. Soon we pull up to the mud pit which is basically a giant hole full of smaller holes full of thick red mud. We make our way down into the hole where Cameron and the other assholes are already ridding. Mud is flying everywhere from slinging off the mud gripes on tires. Damon hits the hole closest to us and we sink to the frame. I stand up on the rack and hold onto Damon's shoulders. I use my weight to my advantage as I wiggle from side to side and finally we climb our way out of the hole. We're covered in mud and I'm in a fit of giggles over the dumb expression on Damon's face. "Didn't anyone ever tell you bikinis are for skinny girls?" Carter bluntly asks ruining my good mood. I roll my eyes and hop down from the rack. "Fuck you Carter." I calmly state. His eyes widen and then he growls menacingly. "That's a lot of talk for someone who doesn't even have her wolf." He snarls. I tense up in anger and my eyes squint dangerously at him. I suddenly hear a new low growl emerging from somewhere. I look around for the source of the growl before I realize it's me. I'm growling! How? I don't even have a wolf!  I snap my mouth closed and look at him through wide eyes. He raises his eyebrow at me in confusion. "You holding back information Anderson?" Carter asks using my last name. "I promise I have no idea what's going on!" I whine. "Come on firefly." Damon urges me. Carter looks at Damon and growls through gritted teeth. I shake my head and climb on the four-wheeler with Damon. I watch as Carter gets further and further away. The further we get the more I start to panic. What is going on with me? We pull up to the edge of the creek and I smile trying to forget about Carter. "Ready to swim?" Damon asks. I let out a scream as he lifts my fat ass up and throws me over his shoulder. "Put me down! You'll hurt yourself!" I scream in horror. He loosens his grip and throws me into the water. I plunge deep into the dark water before kicking and resurfacing. "You butthole!" I scream. He bends over in a fit of giggles and before long I'm laughing with him. I grab a handful of wet sand and before he can run I dump it onto his head. He shoves me under causing me to strangle myself. I resurface in a fit of coughs. "Oh shit I'm sorry firefly." He soothes. "It's ok Damon." I reassure him. "Trying to drown my cousin Wales?" Cameron asks jokingly. "What? Me? Never!" Damon jokes back. I roll my eyes at them and make my way to the sand bank. "You look like a beached whale." Nate says insulting me. "Don't talk about firefly like that." Damon warns with a low growl. "Why do you call her that?" Carter asks startling me. "She lit up my world of darkness just like a firefly on a dark summer night." Was his quick response. I smile adoringly at him and Carter growls. "Stop looking at him like that Brylee." Carter snaps. I gasp in shock at the sound of my name leaving his lips for the first time. I loved the sound of my name on his lips! "Dude what's your problem?" Nate asks Carter. "I..I don't know man. I'm fucking loosing it." He sighs running his hands through his hair. "It's getting dark maybe we should head home." Cameron suggests. I watch them leave and as soon as they're out of sight a sharp pain shoots through my left shoulder and then pain shoots through my legs bringing me to the ground. I scream in overwhelming pain as my bones begin to break and reform. Damon is by my side in a flash looking at me panicking. "It's okay firefly! You're wolf is making herself known. I know it hurts firefly." Damon said calmingly. My teeth and nails began growing longer and hair began to emerge all over my body. Suddenly it all stopped and my screams ended. I looked at Damon who had tears in his eyes. I whimpered and nudged my muzzle against his neck. He wrapped his arms around my neck and ran his fingers through my fur. Wait? Fur? Holy shit! I found my wolf! My tail wagged furiously at the thought of finding my wolf. I looked around the dark woods and I could see perfectly as if it were daylight out. I took off into a run towards the trees. My paws pounded against the dirt and my auburn fur shook in the wind. I came to an abrupt stop when I smelled it. Cedar with a hint of caramel. My mouth watered and my wolf howled in delight. "Mate!" My wolf Lily screamed in excitement. I whimpered in fear and ran in the opposite direction from the smell but not without very subtle complaints from Lily.
***Carters pov***
What is wrong with me? One minute I hate Brylee and the next I'm pissed about her relationship with Damon. I growl and let out a frustrated howl. My pitch black wolf flys through the tress at unnatural speeds. I've been running since we left the creek trying to get her off my mind. My paws dig into the ground as I come to a sudden stop. My eyes widen and my wolf lets out a howl as I smell it. Cinnamon with a hint of vanilla. So sweet and intoxicating. It's the most delicious thing I have ever smelt in my life. I sniff the air and inhale deeply. I follow the scent slowly and my wolf howls in excitement. "Mate!" Zander demands. I break into a run following the scent...following her. My mate.