Surprise!

***Brylee's pov***
I yawn and look over at a sleeping Carter beside me. We had fallen asleep on the couch as a movie played in the background. I look at the clock and it reads five in the morning. I smile at the thought of my grandparent already up and drinking coffee. I drag my phone off the coffee table and dial my pawpaws number in. "Hello?" He answers. "Hey pawpaw!" I say excitedly. Gosh I missed them so much my eyes started to water. "Hey babydoll what have you been up to?" He asks comfortingly. "Training, fighting vampires, and running a pack. The usual things." I joke. He gives a hearty laugh that I have missed so much. "Can I come over?" I ask out of the blue. "Of course you can. Me and Saddie are just setting here having some coffee." He says with his thick accent. "Okay I'll be there in a few." I say before ending the call. I pull myself from Carter's grip and leave to get dressed. I pull some shorts on with a purple top. I scribble a letter telling Carter where I had went so early in the morning so he wouldn't worry and left it by his phone. I walked out front to Carter's truck and climbed into the big ole thing. I sat in the driver seat and sighed when my feet wouldn't even touch the gas pedal. I pulled the seat forward until my feet touched the pedals and smiled at myself. I looked up to drive out of the driveway and groaned when I could barely see over the steering wheel. I reached in the back and yanked my pillow from the backseat. I shoved it under my bottom and laughed like a maniac when I could see perfectly over the big trucks hood. I started the truck and it rumbled to life loudly. I put the truck in drive and punched the gas pedal. I sent rocks and dust flying behind me as I sped in the direction of my grandparents house.

I pulled up to the little yellow house fifteen minutes later. My pawpaw was on the front porch waiting for me and he smiled as I made my way up the steps. "Hey pawpaw!" I say eagerly. "Hey babydoll." He answers sweetly. "Brylee? Is that you?" I hear my Mawmaw ask from the screen door. "Yea!" I yell back. She walks out onto the porch and pulls me into a hug. "Don't you know where we live?" She asks jokingly. "I'm sorry y'all. It's been busy and hectic." I say shamefully. "That's no excuse not to come see your old man." My pawpaw joked. I laugh and take a seat by him. We all set in silence listening to the radio play bluegrass country in the background. I smile as I look out at the fields of green grass with horses grazing. I look over at my pawpaw and he's bouncing his hands and feet to the music. I laugh loudly and he looks over at me. "Come on." He says as he gets up. I take his hand and we begin two-stepping right there on the front porch. We moved and twirled around the porch until the song came to an end. "Yee hoo!" My Mawmaw yells at us. I laugh and make my way inside for a glass of water. My phone vibrates making me jump.
Carter: You okay?
Brylee: Yea, I just missed them.
Carter: I'll be there in a couple baby.
I giggled as I locked my phone. "What's so funny?" Mawmaw asks. "Carter." I say through a giggle. "Where is ole Carter?" Pawpaw asks as he walks in. "He's on his way over." I explain. "He's here." Carter says interrupting us. "There's my son-in-law!" Pawpaw jokes as he slaps him on the back. My cheeks heat up and I duck my head low. "Yes sir." Carter answers him. I looked up at him and his eyes glinted mischievously. I gave him a warning look and he just giggled. Something romantic and old was playing in the background now. Carter walked forward and pulled me into his arms. He twirled me around the living room to a waltz. I didn't even know he could dance! We moved perfectly together and he spun me out at arms length. I spun back into his chest and he looked down at me sweetly. "I was going to wait until the perfect time but I don't think it gets any more perfect than this." He says down at me. I look up at him full of confusion and then he sinks down onto one knee. My heart skips a beat and tears threaten to spill over. I hear my Mawmaws squeals of excitement in the background and I laugh nervously. "Brylee Paige Anderson, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asks as he pulls out a shiny new ring. I burst into tears as I nod in agreement excitedly. He stands up and I crash into his arms. I pull his lips to mine and kiss him like my life depended on it. He slides the ring onto my finger and I squeal in delight. "It's beautiful!" I scream. There were many diamonds surrounding one blue sapphire and it was mesmerizing. "I love you." Carter whispers into my ear. "I love you more." I whisper back. "Congratulations you two love birds!" My pawpaw yells. "Time for great grandchildren!" Mawmaw screams after him and my eyes widen. "You may be right about that." Carter agrees with her and my mount gaps open like a fish. Did he know? He couldn't know I was keeping it from him. He couldn't know I thought I was pregnant because I hadn't told a soul.

A/N: I just found out I am 5 weeks PREGNANT!!! Wish me luck and pray that it is a sticky bean!