Manchester-Ksimon

681 words
genre :: fluff
warnings :: platonic, from 'headcanons #4', kinda just banter, me being weird in the a/n at the end, swearing, unedited,

---

I allowed myself to get dragged along by Jide's death grip on my wrist. He was running to his car, pulling me behind him. I carried both of our bags on my back and threw them in the backseat once we reached the car. I opened my bag and pulled out my cellphone, JJ's cellphone, and my charger. I smiled and got into the passenger seat, showing my smile to Jide. He returned my smile, his nose wrinkling as he let out a small laugh. JJ started up the car as I opened Spotify, playing the special playlist Josh and Vik had made for our trip to Manchester. I turned the volume as far up as it would go as Jide began driving.

-10 minutes later-

I screamed as one of my favorite songs started to play. JJ smiled over at me, turning his eyes back to the road as we both began singing loudly.

"Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you" Jide sung, starting softly.

"I drank too much and that's an issue, but I'm okay" I followed suit.

"Hey, tell your friends it was nice to meet them" JJ sung, slowly getting a little bit louder.

A few seconds later and we were singing the chorus loudly, enjoying the moment.

"So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your rover,
That I know you can't afford,
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder,
Pull the sheets right off the corner,
Of the mattress that you stole,
From your roommate back in Boulder,
We ain't ever getting older."

We yelled the lyrics, smiling and laughing. JJ and I planned this trip just to have fun; we didn't know that it would start on the long car ride there.

-7 1/2 minutes later-

Jide and I shouted the lyrics to the song, though we didn't know the lyrics too well. We stumbled over words, laughing at - mostly - JJ's attempts of getting the lyrics right.

"How could you have ever known
If I never let it show, now I just wanna know are you?

I'm fine
Drop tears in the morning
Give in to the lonely" Jide stumbled over his words, screwing up the lyrics so badly that I couldn't help but laugh and try to help him out.
"Here it comes with no morning"

"JJ ITS WARNING NOT MORNING"

"FFS FAM LET ME BE"

He yelled. I laughed as JJ continued with the song. I couldn't take him seriously at this point.

"I capsize, I'm first in the water
Too close to the bottom
I'm right back where I started
Said I'm fine"

-30 minutes later-

I laughed as Jide tried to rap along to Queen Speech 5. He stumbled a few words and questioned some of the lyrics, but it was still hilarious.

"Idiot girl
Pick your nose and eat it girl
Ew
I am the realest girl
I-I-I am the realest girl!"

JJ managed to get some of lyrics right as I rapped with him. My cheeks hurt from smiling, and my stomach was tense from my laughter.

"You ain't like Melesha
I'm a hurricane, yeah, I'm Katrina
English class didn't like the teacher
So I walked out like "Bye Felicia!"
Stay in school, kids"

-arrival in Manchester-

JJ and I pouted as we pulled into our parking place at the hotel. We were still energetic from our song filled trip up here. I grabbed our bags as Jide pulled me by my wrist again, running into the building and getting our room key.

"Race you to our room!" I yelled.

JJ laughed as we both took off towards the stairs, taking them both two at a time. I had an advantage due to my long legs, and Jide starting complaint in no time.

"Ugh! Get back here you cunt!" He yelled, trailing a few stairs behind me.

"No way!" I yelled back, laughing as I made it to our shared hotel room. I waited for JJ, considering he had the key. He unlocked the room, mumbling to me.

"For fucks sake man."

---
fun fact :: I really like wi-fiteme 's accent. ((I heard it from her sidemen Instagram & that's when I found out that I really fucking like her accent))

oh and here's something other than a bunch of headcanons

Bye