Opposites Attract-Pitch

1000 words.
Genre: Fluffy
Warnings: bullying and philosophy
[Etc.: pastel!Preston and punk!Mitch]
Ship: Mitch x Preston

~~~
Alright. Sit back young ones and let me tell you a story. It's about a boy named Preston and a boy named Mitch. These two boys inevitably cross paths, with the help of people practically pushing them together. But don't worry! Unlike my usual stories as of recently, these boys have a happy ending. However there is a lesson hidden within my tales! It's about how opposites attract and that not all opposites, are as different as you think.

~~~
Preston was what could easily be known as the school's pastel boy. He wore pastel colors, obviously, and had a very bright, bubbly personality. Anyone could easily describe him as both adorable and goofy. They weren't wrong though. Preston would wear usually pastel sweaters and white jeans, along with some brand name shoe.

His hair was dyed a lavender-like color, with the roots very clearly being his original chocolate brown color. He was of average intelligence and loved by most of the school, considering it was difficult for anyone to hate him. However there were some, to say the least, odd things about Preston.

Preston seemed to have no romantic history. Currently, he was a 10th grader and had not so much as had a crush on any girls, since he moved to the school in 7th grade. Well that was the issue. Preston didn't like girls. Preston liked guys. Yes, he was gay and, for that matter, very proud.

However, no one knew this, and even though most might assume this about the boy, no one had come to the conclusion that he was gay. So one day, the bold and bubbly Preston went to school with a plan in mind. Anytime anyone asked about it, he answered honestly.

His response was simple and calculated. Preston would respond in his normal, bubbly tone and walk away from the person, who usually wore a shocked expression.

Eventually, karma followed because of Preston's boldness. A group of males did not appreciate a homosexual male enjoying who he was. What was Preston thinking? Free expression in a high school? He must've been out of his mind. The group let him get away with the pastel outfits, but being a homosexual was too far.

These males made existing emotionally exhausting. Preston was pushed into lockers and called such horrible names that if I were to repeat them, I would begin to fear for my sanity. The day anyone with some self-respect speaks those words is the day humanity looses fair within itself!

Anyways, what poor, small Preston did not know is that his savior would be there soon. What Preston did not know was that he would be okay. Preston did not know that he would be thankful, years down the line, for being tormented.

Preston did not know this because Preston had not yet met Mitch, his soon to be soulmate.

~~~
Mitch was referred to as the school's bad boy. The outcast. The freak. He wore all black, had ear piercings and a couple tattoos. He was seen as hot and short-tempered, which were both correct. Mitch's hair was a lighter brown, nothing really special ever being done to it.

Preston and Mitch, despite their major physical differences, shared many similar differences from their fellow peers. They were both gay, and they both were bothered about their sexuality. However, Mitch and Preston handled their situations in very different manners.

While Preston just took it, silently letting it eat away at his very being, Mitch fought them over it. Mitch was sharp-tongued and witty comebacks flew out of his mouth as thought he'd been waiting to use that particular one all day. Mitch also wasn't afraid, so he fought back and the group left him alone.

What Mitch didn't know at that time was that the boys only left him alone, so they could target Preston. So as Mitch walked alone in the halls one day, he came across the poor boy being bullied and shouted at in the halls.

The usual bold and brave Mitch, clearly, stood up for the boy. Mitch beat the bullies until they couldn't even speak properly, let alone try to bully another person. The entire time Mitch protected Preston, he felt an affection grow for the boy. Now, unlike Preston, Mitch knew who Preston was.

Preston slowly grew an affection for his protecter, as well. He was the only person that had stood up for Preston in a long time. So when Mitch had finished off the last bully, Preston began to speak to the boy. The two discussed everything, from their favorite colors to mild philosophy.

Mitch's affection for Preston grew much stronger over time, and Preston's love for Mitchell grew as well. Neither of the boys knew until one fateful night, where they both sat in Mitchell's bedroom, discussing the philosophy of love.

The conversation led to Preston lustfully connecting his lips onto Mitch's lips, and the boys were ultimately happy. Their relationship blossomed.

The two made more friends, which led to the ship name "Pitch" being created. With their friends at their side, the boys could not have pictured anything better than this from their gloomy realtor in high school. Mitch and Preston had many adventures, alone, with one another, or with friends.

Now no one really knows what happened to these boys. When they both grew up they created YouTube channels, that affected millions of people for the better. Both boys played video games and made their livings, content with what their life had become.

And that's the end of their story. Just like that. Now this is your story, that you can twist and turn until you're bored of Mitch and Preston. Their story lives forever because I merely gave you their backgrounds, and how I believed they fell in love. Now this is your story. Make it end how you want it to end. Make Preston and Mitch have relationship trouble, or make them get married.

You're welcome.