Gasoline-Merome

972 words
Genre: fucked up fluff
Warnings: alcohol, drugs, smoking, gayness, ignorance, homophobia(kinda?), probably could be considered arson too

~~~
Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?
Bought a hundred dollar bottle of champagne like me?

We were destructive, ever since we met. Jerome and I clicked, both being former addicts of the same blissful addictions. Yes, addictions. Plural.

Jerome and I were recovering when we met, so we were both definitely still destructive. Our addictions listed off like a casting list on Broadway - it eventually ended, but there were a lot of them.

Alcohol.
Self-loathing.
Sex.
Drugs.
Cigarettes.
Fire-

Yes, an addiction to fire sounds crazy - to be fair we both were. Hear me out though.

Have you ever just looked at a fire? I'm not talking 'oh look a fire don't get burned' look. I'm talking about looking at a fire. Seeing the flames capture and engulf the material that's being burnt in order to keep the fire alive. Watching the way the very top of every flame doesn't stay in the same spot, but rather flickers and changes which part of the material is burnt. Hearing the crackling and seeing the gorgeous, sunset orange sparks that erupt out of the pit of destruction every once in a while. Occasionally seeing a magnificent and practically indescribable blue appear at the very bottom of the fire, catching everyone's eyes and sparking their curiosity.

Try to tell me being intrigued by fire is difficult now. It may be crazy - and I understand that it most definitely is - but it's beautiful to think about like that, isn't it?

Anyways, Jerome and I were destructive. So what better to destroy than starting with our addictions? And to start we chose alcohol.

Just to pour that motherfucker down the drain like me?
Would you use your water bill to dry the stain like me?

Jerome bought $200 worth of champagne. One bottle for me, one bottle for him. Both costing $100, but they were so worth it.

We stood in front of Jerome's kitchen sink, popping the caps and each agreeing on taking a small sip before letting go of our addiction's pain.

One swig of our bottle and we both looked the other in the eye, nodding before pouring the rest of the champagne down the drain.

Are you high enough without the Mary Jane like me?
Do you tear yourself apart to entertain like me?

Next, I bought the drugs. We had both mentioned being addicted to marijuana, so what better to do than grab some for the final time?

I had gotten two joints, one for me and one for him. As per usual, we both took one tiny hit from the joint before quickly getting rid of them.

Do people whisper 'bout you on the train like me?
Saying that you shouldn't waste your pretty face like me?

Jerome and I got on the train and immediately experienced public ignorance. We both smelled strongly of cigarette smoke after destroying the remains of that addiction yet again.

Jerome leaned down and kissed me on the train before leaving, and since he got off a few stops before me, an ignorant, middle-aged woman made a comment.

"Oh sweetie what are you doing with him?" She seemed very southern, which automatically explained her idiocy to me.

"Excuse you?" I spat back, attempting not to glare at her. She stood up and put her hands on my cheeks like she was a mother trying to talk sense into me.

She probably was.

"You're a handsome boy. I'm sure any girl would be lucky to have an attractive young man like yourself. What are you doing hanging out with a boy like that?" She shook her head shamefully in my direction, her hands finally uncupping my cheeks.

I looked up and saw that we were barely away from my stop, so I grew a pair and told the lady off.

"How dare you. I don't know why the fuck you thought you have the right to tell me what to do with my life." She looked stunned, covering her open mouth with her hand. But I didn't stop there.

"Oh and for your information, I don't want a girlfriend. I want that man that walked off this train after kissing me. I want him and I have him. So whatever made you think that was appropriate needs to fucking stop. You're a complete imbecile that doesn't know what love is." I glared at her and ended my rant.

"Burn in hell. That's my man and you - or any other girl for that matter - are not better than him. In my eyes, no one on this planet can compare to him. I want the boy that's like that."

I walked off the train.

And all the people say,
'You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline'

Oh, oh, oh, oh
I think there's flaw in code
Oh, oh, oh, oh
These voices won't leave me alone
Well my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers cause you'll never take the blame like me?

And all the people say,
'You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline'

Oh, oh, oh, oh
I think there's a flaw in my code
Oh, oh, oh, oh
These voices won't leave me alone
Well my heart is gold and my hands are cold

~~~
This looks kind of unfinished but I think that's a good ending. Plus this probably would've been 1400+ words if not.

P.S: new book called 'babydoll' is out. It's kind of pointless and has a really shitty, pointless plot line, but you should go tickle it's pinky toe.