Forget-Vikklan

794 words.
Genre: fluff omfg
Warnings: fluff, cuteness, Lachlan being sassy and smart
Note: lowkey kind of inspired by the new part lol_idc_tbh posted on her sidemen oneshots book

~~~
Waking up in a hospital bed was not only one of the most constricting things, but also probably the most cliché. The situation is one of the most common things written or typed into the most cliché, but entertaining stories.

Yet, here I was. I was seated in a hospital bed, my boyfriend Vik sitting in a chair beside me. He was peacefully reading, and I didn't want to disturb him. However, I could tell he was worried about me.

"Hello" I smiled over at him. He looked up and got out of his chair, grabbing my hand. "Hello" Vik smiled back. "Excuse me, nurse?" Vik leaned out of the room and grabbed the attention of one of the most helpful but most likely under paid staff members.

"He's awake." Vik said to the nurse, who hurried off to grab a doctor. Doctors were people I could never truly develop an opinion on. Some were great - they diagnosed you correctly and did their job, getting you out of the hospital as soon as humanly possible.

Others were like the doctor the nurse had called upon, complete idiots. He knew nothing about my condition, couldn't pronounce the word 'amnesia' correctly, and falsely diagnosed me with amnesia.

I attempted to explain to my doctor what amnesia was. I had no medical training whatsoever, yet I knew more about the condition I was 'diagnosed' with than the doctor that 'diagnosed' me.

I don't have amnesia.

Sir, I know this may be a lot to take in but-

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I am a medical profession-

No. You are not. You're an idiot with a degree.

Okay then. Why do you think you don't have amnesia?

Because I remember.

What do you remember?

I remember my first kiss.

I remember when my mom took me to America for the first time.

I remember all of my friends.

I remember that this adorable boy sitting in the chair beside me is my boyfriend.

I remember my first time with that boy.

I remember the brand name of my car and the year it was made.

I remember that I was wearing my fire hoodie when I was admitted into the hospital.

I remember the cute, red haired girl I met at the convention a couple months ago.

I remember getting fanart from that same girl.

I remember taking Vik out for donuts and coffee for our fifth date.

I remember not only my anniversary, but all of my friend's anniversaries as well.

I remember moving to England so that I could be with my boyfriend more.

I remember when Vik and I got our own house.

I remember telling someone off the exact way I'm telling you off now because they were also being an idiot.

I remember.

What don't you remember?

I don't remember my own birth.

I don't remember how I got this weird scar on my calf.

I don't remember my first time eating Chipotle.

I don't remember my first time eating at Nandos.

I don't remember Vik's order at Nandos.

I don't remember anyone's order of coffee except for Preston.

I don't remember why Simon said he hates Preston.

I don't remember all the nights of drunken sex I've had.

I don't remember my parent's reasoning behind naming me Lachlan.

I don't remember the name of the girl who kissed me for the first time.

I don't remember not understanding why I didn't like the kiss.

I don't remember why I'm ranting at a doctor that doesn't know how to do his job just to prove a point about this world.

What point is that, Lachlan?

My point is that there are a lot of things we aren't going to remember, and there are a lot of things we are going to remember.

It's a choice we make. What should we remember? What should we forget?

I chose to forget those memories because they weren't important to me. Every memory I did remember though; it mattered to me.

My point is simply that we aren't going to remember everything, so stop acting like I'm supposed to. I don't have amnesia and you damn well know it.

I'll get the nurses to start your discharge papers. Take it easy though will ya?

I think I can do that. Stop misdiagnosing patients though will ya? It'll bite you in the ass one day.

I will. I apologize.

The doctor walked out of the room, a newfound understanding look on his face.

"That's my baby." Vik smiled, running his hand through my hair.

"Damn right you are." I chuckled. "Save the dirty talk for when you're better, okay love?" Vik gave me a sad smile.

"Just this once." I replied with a smile.

~~~
Vikklan cuteness complete.

Hope you enjoyed.

Bye.