Chapter 88

"Any suggestions on what we should do to you, Galkin?" Thing 1 asked, pacing circles around Ravil. 

Ravil kept his mouth shut, staring straight forward. 

"We could waterboard you, electrocute you, slice you, feed you polonium and watch you crawl to your demise..." 

"You're just trying to mess with my head." Ravil muttered.

"Oh, no," Thing 1 let out a chilling laugh. "I'm afraid I'm not just messing with you. We do have a few vials of polonium in the back somewhere. That's enough to kill at least forty people in at least ten hours. You do realize that, right?" 

"They never taught me about polonium." Ravil said flatly. He blinked. 

"Well, you can sure as hell learn, Galkin- perhaps with yourself as a test subject. Would you like some polonium-laced tea?" Thing 1 said. 

"I'd rather not." Ravil replied. 

"Then you'd better fall in line!" Thing 1 admonished. "Either that, or you can sit by and sip polonium tea while watching us torture Artem. Which option sounds better to you?" 

"The first." Ravil answered. "I'll do anything as long as Artem stays unscathed." 

"Brilliant, you're already grasping the concept!" Thing 1 said. "Well, you better not try anything stupid again. And by the way, I hope you enjoy your first waterboarding session!" 

"Wait, what?" Ravil asked, jarred. "No!" 

"Look, Galkin." Thing 1 said, tipping his head to one side. "We've just gotta make sure that you don't ever think about deviating ever again. You belong to us, now act like it." 

"Please don't waterboard me," Ravil requested, fear lacing his voice and memories flooding back into his head. Something told him this definitely wouldn't be his first time being waterboarded. "You can't!"

"Oh, but we can." Thing 1 said, turning and heading for the door. "See you around, Galkin!"