Chapter 16

Not another word was exchanged between Ravil and his father for the rest of the night. They barely even looked at each other as they were leaving the hospital. And when they got home, Ravil grabbed a bottle of Sprite from the fridge and retired back to his room to play Warcraft and talk to Artem. 

He opened Skype and decided just to call Artem instead of typing.

Artem picked up almost immediately.

"Hey, I'm home now." Ravil said.

"Nice. You feeling alright?" Artem asked.

"Yeah." Ravil replied. "Up for some Warcraft?" 

"Sounds good to me," Artem said.

...

After a couple hours of quests and farming, Ravil realized something. He mentioned it to Artem. 

"Hey, Artem?" Ravil asked.

"Yeah?" Artem answered, his character swinging his sword at a bear that had wandered out.

"You know, your voice sounds kind of familiar." Ravil remarked, going to help Artem with the bear.

On the other end of the line, Artem's eyes went wide and he felt his face growing hot. "Really? I-I, um," He fumbled desperately for the words, but didn't quite find them.

"Maybe it's just a coincidence," Ravil suggested, shrugging as the bear died and dissolved into EXP points. 

Artem blinked and took a deep breath, gathering his courage. "No, Ravil. It's not a coincidence. I've got a lot to tell you."