Chapter 9

After searching for hours, Artem rolled back in his computer chair and sighed. 

I'll call it a day. 

He cleared his cache, switched SIM cards, then went to go check in on Ravil. He logged into Skype and started typing. 

"Hey, bro." He sent the message. 

Ravil's answer was almost instant. "Hi." 

Man, he must really live around that computer. Or phone. 

"How are you?" Artem asked. 

"Hah, I'm okay I guess. Life can only get so good when all you do is sleep and play Warcraft. Sometimes I eat. But still." Ravil answered. 

"I wish there was some way I could help you," Artem replied. "But we're on different continents." 

"Don't worry too much about me, man. I never really had a great life anyway." Ravil said. 

Not that you can remember, Artem thought, resisting the steaming tears that were once again starting to brew behind his eyes. 

"Ah, don't say that! I'm sure there's something." Artem typed. He glanced uneasily out his bedroom window- was that a car he'd seen out of the corner of his eye? He shook his head. 

"Not really. Don't have a girlfriend, don't have friends for that matter. Only got a dad who thinks I'm crazy, and well...my mom's dead." Ravil responded.

"I'm sorry." Artem said. "We should do something together to get your mind off of it, yeah?" 

"Like what?" Ravil asked.

"Ever tried Transformice?" 

"No." 

"Well, bro, you're in for a ride."