|86|

•Month old Micah Bourgeois in MM•

King Laurent
[Day 337, October 25th]

* The Kings Heir*

Days flew into months in a gentle whirlwind, the seasons changed from spring to fall and the gardens trees grew barren to accommodate the circle of life. And as the people of Parisih observed the continuous span of difference, I watched my fiancée grow round with our child. Jasmine's skin was washed in a beautiful golden glow in all her motherly love as the day our son would join us inched closer. Worried that she might slip up, Liara and my mother basically moved into the castle during Jasmine's last trimester, refusing to let the expecting woman do anything that could stress her even the tiniest bit. I remembered laughing every time they rolled Jasmine around in a wheelchair just so that she didn't have to walk. Of course that left Jasmine feeling coddled and smothered which resulted in a continuous hormonal fit, that was only ever sated by her sister or brother visiting her.

At the current moment however, we shared a rare occasion of having time alone in the privacy of our room, which we had broke down the walls that separated my old bedroom and hers, creating an even larger space that we filled with the baby's crib and nursery station, and I just couldn't keep my hand from rubbing the swollen belly that held my life inside but Jasmine was in one of her "moods", one where she hated being touched.

Jasmine: "Stop it Lau!", she growled and slapped my hand away, her beautiful almond eyes narrowing to thin slits. I clicked my tongue against my teeth and slid my hand back on its rightful place, her stomach.

King Laurent: "Let me be baby, I'm talking to my son.", her responding glare was frightful but I did what I always do when she tried to intimidate me, ignore her. Placing my ear right on the middle of her abdomen underneath her belly button, I could feel the tiniest kick against my cheek and a wide spread grin took over my lips.

King Laurent: "Hey there little Micah, daddy can't wait to meet you.", I whispered and Jasmine sucked in a harsh breath at the same time that a forceful kick lashed out, I jolted backwards and glanced at Jasmine with a worried expression.

King Laurent: "You okay baby?", she nodded but suddenly without any warning, something that sounded like a swift rushing waterfall echoed and for a moment, I was at a lost. I looked to Jasmine to see if she heard it as well but her face was pale and she was just staring in the distance. I waved my hand in front of her but she didn't even blink.

King Laurent: "Baby, you okay?", she kept looking ahead yet her lips moved.

Jasmine: "My water broke.", she spoke with no emotion or hurry, just announced it like it was the most mundane event ever. I gazed at her for a few moments trying to piece together why she was so calm about it when Jasmine's head snapped to face me and her eyes wide, to big now on her face.

Jasmine: "My water broke!", she screamed her words at me now with a frazzled wild look in her eyes and that sent me flying into action. Rushing to gently help her into the nearby wheelchair, once she was seated, I flew out our now expanded room, pushing her to Dr.Leona's.

I skidded to a stop right outside the doors and Jasmine was spewing curses from the immense contractions, I was pretty sure she woke up the whole damn castle. Shaking my head at the display of anger, I loudly yanked open the dark oak doors of the doctors quarters without knocking and Dr.Leona yoked up out of her chair, her eyes searching for the intrusion. When they landed on me, she instantly knew it was time.