What?

King Laurent
( Day 76, January 6th )

Jasmine went utterly silent and her body tensed up, I could see her hands clenched into fists underneath the frilled silk table cloth.
King Laurent: "What do you mean, you got an abortion? I don't recall you being pregnant."
I asked, sitting upright as Liara's glazed eyes landed on me.
Liara: "No? You sure that your little miss precious hadn't let it slip? I'm surprised, seeing as who the father was."
Her words were slurred and I could tell that all the wine was taking effect.
Jasmine: "Watch what you say Liara. There is many things that I tolerate but someone dogging on me isn't one. You already pushed your limit before now you stepping into pure disrespectful territory."
Jasmine muttered through clenched teeth, her hands were now trembling from the anger she was holding in. Liara glared at Jasmine but eventually tore away, getting up out her set and leaving the dining room with a bottle of wine.
King Larry: "What the hells going on here? What's the damn problem that everyone deems it okay to ruin Sophias going away?!"
Larry fist slammed down on the table, a small sound that resembled that of cracking following the hit. Jasmine got up, adjusted her dress and inhaled a deep breath before going over to Sophia and encompassing the woman child in a tight embrace.

Jasmine: "You know where to find me and you know my number. I am so proud of you Sophia and I pray that you leaving won't affect our relationship. Promise me you'll stay in touch."
Jasmine spoke and Sophia deepened the hug, a smile now overtaking the confusion that was spread across her features seconds before.
Sophia: "I promise Jasmine! I'll take pictures and everything, so when I come to visit, we can gossip and have tea like the old folk Royals."
Laughing, Jasmine agreed then left the room. What the fuck was going on? My mom rushed out the room after exclaiming that she was going to kill her. What?! I was so damn confused and judging by the expression on Larrys face, so was he. Opting to just enjoy the rest of the evening with the three of us like we used to, I pushed my curiosity to the side as Larry, Sophia, and I reminisced. A hour later, I said goodnight and goodbye to Sophia, refusing to show how sad I was at her leaving.

Sophia: "Don't worry Lauy, I'm still you and Larrys daughter. I always will be." A huge smile finally lit Larrys face and I couldn't help but do the same, she would be alright. Going back in her room, when the door shut, all my curiosity and annoyance came back full force. Larry took off in the direction of Liara's room and I followed, the hell was wrong with the women in this place?! Without bothering to knock or even announce our presence, we barged in the room to see our mother hovering over Liara as she was on her knees on the floor, crying and sobbing.

King Laurent: "The fuck man?! What's the problem? Why is she on the floor?!"
Panic shooting up through my chest, I tried to relax and deal with the now murderous intent on my mothers face. Larry just leaned on the wall, deciding to watch instead of act.
Lidia: "Stop all that damn cursing boy! I didn't do anything to her, she was like that when I came in here and refuses to get back up."
Rolling her eyes and crossing her arms on her chest, my mom just glared at Liara. Squatting down, I tried to speak with Liara.
King Laurent: "L, what's going on?"
I kept my voice sensitive, hoping not to spook her or drive her further into herself.
Liara: "I'm sorry..."
King Laurent: "For what? I already forgave you with the whole Jasmine thing. What did you do now?"
A sound that was a mix between a screech and strangled cry tumbled from Liara, I just sat there, unsure what to do.
Liara: "The baby was Hiros! I had slept with him the night I met him and I got pregnant! I didn't know until a few days ago and I told Jasmine. She helped me and I felt guilty about carrying the child of the man that had did so much harm...so yesterday, I went to a back alley clinic and killed my baby!"
She broke down and her voice cracked with every word, leaving me staring at Liara in shock. A mumbled stupid was heard from our mother and a sharp intake of breath from Larry.

King Laurent: "Get the fuck out the room if y'all don't have nothing better to do than sit here and judge!"
I snapped at Larry and Lidia, causing the two to stare at me with this peculiar look on their faces. Without another word, they both left and it was just me and Liara. Plopping down to sit next to Liara, I stroked her hair as she continued to cry.
King Laurent: "It's okay Liara. I know how much it must have hurt to do that and to be alone, but you had no right to snap on Jasmine for something you chose to do. She didn't tell you to do that, right?"
Liara shook her head no and I let a breath loose that I hadn't realized I was holding. Good, now I didn't have to snap on Jasmine since this was all completely Liara's doing.
Liara: "I didn't mean to act like that or ruin Sophias dinner, I'm just not handling my decision well. I know it's my fault and I'll apologize to Jasmine in the morning. I just couldn't have his child Lau! But it hurts! It hurts that I know deep inside, I wanted the baby. How could I...."
Her crying resumed as she trailed off, she didn't have to finish, I knew what she was saying. I decided at that moment to be there for my sister and didn't leave her side all night, letting her talk and cry out her pain.

When the suns rays leaked through the blinds in Liara's room, I got up off the lounge chair I slept on, checking on Liara. She was sleeping peacefully now, good. She had been fitful in her nightmares and it drained me looking after her but that's what brother were for, especially when Larry had snuck in the room and took refuge in the recliner on the other side. Instead of heading back to my room, I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat but the sound of retching echoed in the hallway and something tugged at me to investigate. I strolled over to the bathroom that was connected to the Chosens abode, the sounds much louder and consistent now.

Slowly pushing the door open, I was greeted by a head full of curls hanging just above the toilet and I quickly rushed over to lift Jasmine hair up away from her face. Over and over, she heaved into the toilet, even after there was nothing left to upchuck. When she was finally done and was resting against my chest, I helped her up to clean her mouth out and get her back to the room. The paleness of her had worried me and I was damn near ready to lose my mind. I had only stayed away one night, what happened in the last few hours to cause her so much sickness?

Gently laying her down in our bed, I moved the curls from her sweat slicked face and caressed her cheek, her eyes fluttering close at the touch.
King Laurent: "How you feeling baby?"
A pained groan was my only answer and I was not happy, what was wrong with my Jasmine?! I was about to go and get Dr.Leona when Jasmine's hand gripped my shirt, and I looked down to see her eyes now fully opened again and a scared expression in her features.
Jasmine: "Don't go...please.."
Her weakened tone tugged at my heart and I laid in bed with her, pulling her in my embrace. I would get Dr.Leona after she fell asleep, until then, I reveled in the softness of her body against my own. This was definitely where I belonged and I would take care of her no matter what.