It's Not That

Jasmine
( Day 72, January 2nd )

King Laurent: "Huh?"
I could hear the wheels spinning in Laurent's head, still trying to comprehend what I just dropped in his lap. Larry was laughing at his brothers inability to speak and Sophia had the biggest kool aide smile on her face. I tore my gaze from Laurent to look at the two who convinced me to do this, who convinced me that life was to short to not be with the one you wanted just because of irrational fears.

Flashback( 3 Hours Earlier )

I heard someone at the front door of Diablos house knocking and since I was the only one here, I decided to just open it. Larry and Sophia stood there, the former looking annoyed and the latter nervous.
Jasmine: "hey guys, what are you doing here?"
King Larry: "Oye, cut the shit, you know why we're here, to take you home. Willingly or not." The serious look now overtaking his eyes told me that was nothing but the truth. I cocked my head to the side in confusion.
Jasmine: "who said I wasn't going home? I was just about to leave when Mazzi got back." I rolled my eyes at Larry, did he really think I was not going back?
Jasmine: "Did...um...is Laurent mad?" I felt a new fear grip my heart at the downcast looks on both their faces and just stared down at my feet.
Jasmine: "oh....I see..well maybe I shouldn't go back, maybe Liara was right." At that, Sophia grabbed my arm with tears brimming under her eyelashes.
Sophia: "Jasmine...I'm leaving soon and Lauy needs you. He needs you more than you know, I mean yeah he's hurt but he's more mad at miss Liara for butting in. So just stop running or else Lauy will stop chasing!"  Shaken by the rawness in Sophias voice and caught off guard by her saying she was leaving, I fought the urge to cry.
Jasmine: "then what do you both expect me to do?" I questioned almost desperately, why couldn't people just let me decide things on my own?! Larry came to me and hugged me, his embrace calming and gentle.
King Larry: "I want you to be honest with yourself. I'm not saying marry him, I'm just saying don't let him go."

( End Flashback )

After that, they both had came inside the house and told me of Sophias new job and how bad things were with Liara and Laurent. Feeling guilty about causing a rift between the siblings, I took a stroll through the town to ease my mind once they told me about the dinner and left. As I watched all the people laugh and be happy, the children playing with their parents, a pang hit my heart as I realized I wanted that. I wanted that with Laurent, I wanted a family, I wanted a place that was my own, someone who wanted me. That's how I ended up here, staring at the distraught King with fear in my heart. Did he change his mind?

Jasmine: "I mean..only if you want to. If not, I..I can wait. I'm not leaving anywhere so you're stuck with me, but I'll wait until you're willing to be my husband." I was rambling, the words shooting from my lips as my nervousness took hold. Laurent still just stared at me, his eyes closed and he was pinching the sides of his nose like he had a headache.

King Laurent: "Tell me something before I answer you. Do you love me?" He asked suddenly, his eyes still slammed shut. My gaze slid over Larry and Sophia for some type of sign but all I received was shrugs of their shoulders. This was on me. So I inhaled a deep breath and took hold of Laurents hand in my own.

Jasmine: "No, I don't love you. I care more about you than I ever have any man and your the only man I've ever wanted to be with on this level. But being in love with you, I'm not just yet. Although, I do believe you are the only man I ever could fall in love with, I just..I just haven't hit that intense emotion just yet but I always don't want to lose you because of my not answering. I want to marry you but-"
Laurent held his hand up, his slitted eyes silencing me with no effort.