|2|

Jasmine
[Day 4, October 27th]

Not My Destination

I pried my eyes open, a splitting headache immediately accompanied. I cried out as I tried to get up. I tried to push myself up on my arms and they wobbled then caved on me. I gave up trying to stand for a second and tried to collect my thoughts. The first thing I wondered was how the fuck was I alive? I know I blacked out after being hit but I couldn't see the plane anywhere which means I fell out right? So how did I survive? I decided not to question my blessings. The second thought that came forward was where was I? I looked around me and noticed nothing but huge imposing trees and a small clear water brook a few feet away.

It was obvious I was in a forest but where? I don't remember reading about any forests near the London airport or close to London at all. I blinked then tried to move again. This time my body responded albeit painfully. Which told me at least nothing was broken. I looked down at myself and noticed my black tank top ripped nearly to shreds, hanging together just barely. My blue jeans had a few slashed on them, each one revealing gashes on my legs. I winced in pain and cried out as I got myself to my feet. I wondered where my Nikes were as now my feet were bare and also cut up. I struggled to make it to the brook but when I did, I sat down on the ground and softly cleaned off my cuts and gashes. My eyes wandered, trying to locate the plane or any of the passengers.

Grape lollipop eyes popped into my mind and my heart broke. That little girls face would be with me forever. I wouldn't allow myself to wallow in my sorrow and decided I had to find some type of town or something. I caught a glimpse of something black protruding from a wildflower bush. I wobbled over and grabbed the object which I saw was my book bag. It looked completely intact and I quickly put one arm through the strap. I just picked a direction and started to walk in it.

Jasmine: "God I hope I find a town soon."

The Kingdom Of Parisih

King Laurent
[Day 5, October 28]

I stared at the messenger, my eyes dark and full of guaranteed pain. The messenger shook with fear and his voice broke with every word he spoke

Messenger: "forgive me, my liege. We searched for days and we could find no signs of Queen Jessica. We found the plane but no survivors." Larry placed his hand on my shoulder and dismissed the messenger who ran out the room.

King Larry: "Laurent I'm sorry bro, I know that things hadn't been great with you and Jess but I know you loved her. But Lau, it's been a week and we need to deal with the repairs to the town." I sighed and pushed the pain of losing my wife to the recesses of my mind. I would have to grieve later. Larry was right, there was so much to do for the kingdom and I had neglected our people for to long. I got up from the chair and patted Larry on his shoulder saying okay. Just as we were getting ready to leave my den, the brass door opened and in walked Eleni, our advisor with a sad and sympathetic look on her milky white features.

Eleni: "I'm sorry Your Majesties, but it seems the other advisors believe it's time for a Court Game." I stared at her with an incredulous look upon my face. She must be out of her damn mind. I just lost my wife, now I was expected to replace her. I heard Larry sigh behind me, surrender in its tone. God damnit.

Jasmine
[Day 22, November 14th]

I couldn't remember how many times the sun rose and set since I woke up from the plane crash. I hadn't found a single town or person anywhere. Granted I couldn't walk very far with my leg as bad as it was. I was just glad it didn't worsen. I survived on the berries found on the shrubbery and water from the many brooks in the forest but my stomach ached, begging for something that wasn't as small as a damn pebble.

I limped to a nearby Oak tree and leaned on it. I was breathing heavy, when I heard a branch snap. I had been lucky so far to not encounter any wild animals and I felt the fear in my heart. I held my breath and crouched low on the tree, trying to make myself as small as possible. I heard another branch snap and instantly my head turned behind me, to stare right into the barrel of a shotgun. The small woman holding it to my face, simply said

Old Lady: "Well, there ain't something youse see everyday."