|10|

King Laurent
[Day 23, November 15th]

The Chosen Few

My twin and I sent the woman to the resting area as we ourselves, went to my personal den to discuss who we were going to choose to compete for Queen. I took a seat at my desk and Larry took the one to the right of me, propping his feet up on the edge of it, all the while ignoring my usual glare.

King Larry: "Mon frere, is it just me or did Melissa and Candice seem to be a bit out shined by a few of the girls?", Larry asked me with a sort of wistful look on his features, evidence he was contemplating hard on the events of the dinner. I could tell he wasn't expecting Melissa to answer the questions as she did. I personally didn't care for my twins lover, I felt like she was only with him for his status and money. But I didn't get involved either way, after all, his business was his own. As long as she didn't hurt him or attempt anything that would tarnish out monarchy, I let it be.

King Laurent: "No, I completely agree with you Larry. It surprised me as well that I felt myself favoring another answers over Candice. But regardless, she is mine and you know as well as I that I won't have another." I told my twin while grabbing a random book to read from the pile stocked on the left side of the desk.

King Larry: "Ah, of course you say she is yours, but alas my dear twin, you did not say you were hers.", he mocked with a laugh and I felt my eyes rolling back at the comment. I hated how observant my twin tended to be so I didn't answer him, simply choosing to ignore his statement and scan through the pages of the book, which its name didn't bypass me as the pun it intended, The Queens Pawn.

King Laurent: "Anyways, the question is who are we choosing to stay and not focusing on my lack of commitment. Only one woman had my full loyalty and she's dead." I said to Larry without so much as blinking and I could just feel his scowl, it burned the side of my face. However, I ignored him and placed my glasses on to begin reading completely now.

King Larry: "Yet, you even cheated on her.", he mumbled underneath his breath and my head whipped towards him, shock etched all over my face. Larry lowered his gaze and continued in a softer tone."Correct me if I'm wrong mon frere, but I'm sure you've already chosen. The rude one seems to have caught your attention.", he crossed his legs on the desk, furthering my irritation with him. I exhaled a deep breath as said woman came to the front of my mind. Yes, she was beautiful and she had an attitude which I did like, but I didn't feel Queen material from her.

King Laurent: "Even so my brother, she doesn't have the makings of a Queen. She's not even from here. Speaking of that, we will speak with her about her request. I want to know if she might remember anything about what happened with the plane. I won't give up looking for Jessica.", Larry had a slight sneer on his face when I mentioned the woman myself and I knew why. He didn't like her, I could tell that easily from the way his eye twitched ever so slightly and he bit his bottom lip, a telltale sign. Larry liked his women a little more, how do I say, easily controlled and it was clear that miss Jasmine was definitely not that. Well, to each their own I suppose.

King Larry: "Okay mon frere, we will talk to her and listen to what she says. But after the announcement of the Chosen Few and our Princesses. Deal?" I gave my twin a slight nod in agreement, my mind wandering to the world of the book.

Jasmine

I sat in the resting area with Kyanna in the chair next to me

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I sat in the resting area with Kyanna in the chair next to me. I looked around, once again in awe at how beautiful and breathtaking this castle was. I was admiring the polished wood fireplace, which I found a bit redundant, when I heard footsteps behind the lustrous chair. I had a feeling who it was and just rolled my eyes before she even spoke.

Candice: "Well, well peasant, I guess you feel like someone since you had some of King Laurent's attention, but let me inform you that I will be his Princess and then his Queen. I was already his lover, so know your place." Candice's face was all snarled up with her anger and it made her quite disturbingly ugly, like a beautiful pit bull that features twisted in its bite.I didn't see what anyone could love about this bitch, pun intended. But then again, I had a feeling that the Kings love was only skin deep anyways. I opened my mouth to retort to her ridiculous comment but Kyanna spoke up before I did.

Kyanna: "From what I could see, we are all in the same place right now. You speak as though you are someone so important because you were sleeping around with King Laurent. That makes you nothing but a glorified royal whore.", she said with a certain viciousness until Candice stepped up to Kyanna and I got in the middle of them, today was really not the day.

Jasmine: "Now sweetheart, don't get your panties in a bunch. I've been waiting all day for a opportunity to slap those extensions out, please don't push my patience.", I gave Candice a innocent smile, then watched as Melissa stepped up to us next, a sneer on her face as well. God these women were insane. The royal dick must be something indeed.

Melissa: "It matters not what you two paupers feel. You're insignificant. You should've died along with everyone else on that crash you pathetic worm.", When Melissa spoke those words, the whole room became hushed in silence. Grape lollipop eyes popped up in my mind and I felt my breathing neatly stop. Tears slipped down my face and I heard Candice and Melissa laugh.

Kyanna took my hand and pulled me to the other side of the room with her. She whispered it was okay to me and tried to calm me. I closed my eyes as the images swam in my mind. I took a deep breath and exhaled. God, that hurt. I reopened my eyes and saw the two Kings at the doors, King Laurents eyes on me with a questioning gaze.

King Laurent

My twin and I had decided who our Chosen Few were and left the den to go inform the girls. We were going to wait until tomorrow morning like it was usually done, but I didn't feel like having all the ravenous women in the castle at once. As we walked in the resting area, I immediately felt the hostility in the air. I could see Candice and Melissa coldly laughing in a corner with the most sadistic looks on their face. Annoyance crept up in my body at their amusement. Candice was really behaving ugly today it seems and trying every bit of my own patience. My eyes roamed around and landed on the two women in the opposite corner. I could see the pretty dark chocolate one whose name I couldn't recall and the woman who introduced herself as Jasmine sort of huddled together, the dark one seemed to be consoling her.

She was crying and her breathing seemed jagged. I felt this need to see if she was okay and ask her what was wrong but of course , I ignored it. My twin had a weird look on his face as he also spotted the chocolate woman in the corner. Eh, not my problem.

King Laurent: "Well, ladies even though I know we said we wouldn't tell you who were the Chosen Few until morning, we decided to do it tonight since I really didn't want you all to stay the night." I spoke the words as kindly as I could but I could see Eleni, who had entered just before I spoke, roll her eyes at my bluntness.

King Laurent: "I would like Candice to come up here please." She smiled as she walked to my side, batting her eyelashes in a flirty manner.

King Larry: "Melissa if you would join me by my side." Larry said and Melissa arrogantly strolled up to him, swaying her hips in a provocative manner. I could damn near hear the eyes rolling in the room.

King Larry: "Kyanna, I want you to join my side as well." Larry spoke up once again before I could, catching the chocolate woman off guard. I saw her softly grabbed Jasmine's hand, giving it a a squeeze then released it. She walked up to Larry side, surprise lit all in her eyes. I didn't think he would choose her either. I could see the rest of the woman looking apprehensive , silently hoping that they would be the one chosen.

King Laurent: "Miss Jasmine, I know that I promised I would hear you out and I intend to. But I also need you to come up here." Said woman's eyes narrowed with suspicion.

Jasmine: "Why?", She asked me in a alert tone.

King Laurent: "Because not only are you one of my Chosen, You are also going to be my Princess."