When the Kings are away, The Chosen shall play |18|

Jasmine
( Day 30 )

I jerked out of my sleep, the nightmares had been increasing lately. Ever since my little episode in the forest, they've been darker and the words not gone played like a repetitive mantra. I realized Sophia was gone after a few minutes of shaking my thoughts. Hm, I wondered where she went. I sat up and noticed a note on the nightstand.

"Jasmine, I didn't want to wake you up but Lauy came by. He said that he and Larr would be gone a couple days and I had to return to my chores. Hehe, I will see you later Jassy."

I smiled at the nickname she bestowed. Hm, so King Laurent and Larry were gone. I didn't really know what to do. Maybe I'd just go explore the kingdom. Surely that was allowed? I got up and went to take a shower. When I exited, on the toilet was a pair of black capris and white long sleeved tshirt. Huh? Who put that there? Wouldn't King Laurent be mad about me wearing that? Oh well, he wasn't here might as well wear it while I can.

I got dressed and put back on my music note earrings. I explored the corridors, looking into random doors. I smiled at all the servants and guards as I passed them by. I went looking for Kyanna and I finally found her in her room. I let myself in and she looked up from the book she was reading.

Kyanna: "Ah Jasmine, hi. I didn't think I'd see you today. What's up?" Her smile was radiant.

Jasmine: "Nothing much, I was bored and needed some company. How is bunking with Candice going?"

Kyanna: "She's a pain in the ass. All I hear every night is how she hates you and how she should be King Laurent's Princess. An obsessed one she is."

Jasmine: "Like I said, if she wants the title she can have it. It means nothing to me."

Kyanna: "Do you have no feelings for King Laurent at all?"

Jasmine: "None strong enough to justify staying by his side." Kyanna didn't believe me, I could see it all over her face.

Jasmine: "Come, let's go and see the kingdom together." I told her, hoping to change the subject. She smiled and agreed.
We got to the gates and asked the guards if we could go into town. The first one said no, while the one I remembered from the gardens just opened them anyways. We waved to him as we left and he winked.
We wandered the streets of Parisih. I was in awe of the lively and homely feel of it all. People were going about their days, and children played in the streets.

Jasmine: "They really shouldn't be in the roads. What if a car comes by?" Worry etched on all my features.

Kyanna: "Hahaha, do not worry Jasmine. Cars are not permitted during the weekdays. Only on Sunday's for market." Well... That was good. We continued our walk and came across an mother with her three children. She was hauling a huge basket of fruits while the young ones played. I ran to her side just as she was tipping over. She thanked us for the help as Kyanna and I helped her carry it back to her home. Throughout the day, we ended up helping quite a bit of people. A boy whose bike chain needed fixing, a elderly man whose dog got away, a woman who cried about her nail being broken, and whoever else we could help in anyway.

When we got back to the castle, we were exhausted yet happy. It was the first time I felt so at home here. Being out there with everyone really helped the sorrow in my heart over Ms.Betty. "Enjoyed your day Princesses?"
The guard asked.

Kyanna: "Yes we did thank you. But I'm not a Princess." Kyanna said softly. "Aye I know, but you should be."
He gave a smile and Kyanna blushed.

Jasmine: "I keep seeing you around and never asked your name. Allow me to remedy that."
He bowed and said his name was Curtis. We bowed back and he sent us on our way. We were joking and laughing as we walked into the resting area of the castle. Where we came smack dab with Candice and Melissa.

Candice: "oh look Melissa, the paupers returned. I was just saying how I needed someone to fetch me some water. Be a good little girl and do so Kyanna."

Melissa: " hahaha and while your at it, fetch my clothing from the laundry. I have a surprise for my King when he gets back to see his Princess."
Melissa tossed her glass of soda all on Kyanna, staining the beautiful white dress she wore. Tears welled up in Kyanna eyes as she whispered that it was a gift from King Larry and before I could stop, I slapped Melissa. The hit rang out and Melissa's face had a red hand imprint on her cheek. She cupped her face, her eyes wide. Candice's shocked face went from surprised to angry.

She stepped up and threw a punch. I moved just in time for her to miss and brought my fists down on her face. All I saw was red. Her nose leaked red and my vision blurred. Images of bodies and blood filled my mind. I couldn't breathe and dropped to my knees. I could hear Kyanna's voice asking what was wrong. Melissa and Candice scurried off saying how they would make sure to tell the Kings of this. I was hyperventilating, my breath coming out in short and rough pants. The images were overwhelming. What was this? I never saw it before. Bodies all over, their eyes gone. Kyanna screamed for the guards and the last thing I saw was grape lollipop eyes before the blackness overtook me.

( End Chapter )

King Larry won't like this.