The search begins |16|

King Laurent
( Day 26 )

I laid on the huge king sized bed in my room, well it was the size of a small apartment but still. My thoughts steady going back to me and Jasmine's sort of date. I will admit I was a little annoyed by her saying she liked the guard. Annoyed not jealous. But it has been washed away by the pure awe and joy on her face walking through the gardens. Every other woman I had brought to the gardens, never appreciated the beauty or the significance of it.

The fact that Jasmine couldn't keep her excitement contained had brought this strange feeling to my chest. I had noticed how after walking in the heeled slippers, she walked slower, wincing in pain. She told me she had healing wounds from the plane crash. I never even noticed the cuts on her legs. I felt so guilty making her wear the shoes and the dresses. I sighed, having a feeling I was going to give in to her want of pants and shirts. It'd be a pity though. Her shape was amazing in a dress. The koi lake moment drove me nuts. I never in my life wanted to kiss someone so desperately.

It was so unusual for me. We only known each other for a week, and I was acting like a boy whose seen his school crush. Her words at the end cut. She wouldn't be here. I threw the pillow of my bed, hitting and breaking the lamp on my nightstand.

King Laurent: "Fuck! Why does this woman affect me so?! Ugh, I don't have time for this. I need to look for Jessica soon." I laid back down, my anger rising again. What was so bad about here? Why did she want to go to London so bad? Whatever, she was nobody anyways. Despite that, I got up and called for my advisor. When Eleni appeared, I briskly told her to find a Ramon and Selena Marie and to get in contact with them. She bowed and left to do my bidding. If only someone else followed orders so easily.

Jasmine

I rolled my eyes for the hundredth time. Kyanna was gushing about her amazing date with King Larry. It wasn't that I wasn't happy for her, I just wasn't happy at the moment in general. The fact that it's been a whole two days since King Laurent walked away from me after I had said I would be happy away from here was depressing me. I thought that I would be happy at playing his game. But when his face dropped with disappointment, I felt childish and immature. Kyanna was once again cooing over the necklace King Larry gave her. It was a beautiful thin gold necklace with KL initial charm. Whether it stood for King Larry or Kyanna Larry, I couldn't tell you. In any case she was happy, so I endured.

I played with music note earrings that I had since the first night here.
Kyanna: "I heard King Laurent is taking you to the forest today to help search for Queen Jessica. How you feel about that?"

Jasmine: "It matters not how I feel about it. I promised to help and so I will. I just still don't understand what I can offer."

Kyanna: "Maybe, he just wants to get you alone in the forest."

Jasmine: "For what reason?"

Kyanna: "To have his way"

Jasmine: "Pfft, I doubt it Kyanna. If that's what King Laurent was after, he's had plenty of chances and opportunities. He just wants Jessica back." Kyanna just gave me a yeah, whatever look. I relaxed on the small sofa and closed my eyes. Kyanna just continued on.

King Laurent

We arrived at the forest entrance. I had dressed in a white tank top and black knee length shorts since it was so humid out. I had provided Jasmine with her own, which admittedly she filled out well. I pushed the random thoughts back and walked up to the guide. James was a avid runner and he ran the woods everyday. With his know how of the place, I was hoping going through it would trigger Jasmine's memories. Maybe she knew something but forgot that she knew. It was a long shot but one I was willing to take.