Hetalia Fanfiction Rant #1: depressing stuff

It's been a while since I've done a rant. This is what bothers me most so here we go.

Here in the beautiful fandom of Hetalia we all love our depressing fics. Depressing fics are mainly what I write it works well. Though, in my endeavors trying to find good depressing fics, a lot were really badly written. My god, is it annoying as all hell to read them.

Most times it's about death and gore but I'm not really talking about that. That is mostly well written.

I'm talking about the depression/feels fics. They are the most annoying things. Some are very well written but most are just horrible. Here's three reasons why.

Emotion

There's never any real feeling in the fics. It feels like a copy of those depression post you see all over the place. That's annoying. I don't want to read bullet list of what it feels like. There has to be tone, emotion. Show me how bad it actually feels to be depressed or sad. Give me more pain than fact. Put your emotion into it and mix it with the characters.

Cutting/Suicide

More often than not the fics are about cutting and have suicide in them. This annoys me most. They often badly written because they make cutting like an everyday thing. There's no emotion to it. Make me feel the pain of it. Then the reactions to the cutting are always over the top. Make them calm or just react like a normal person!
And along with cutting there's suicide and...my god...it's always badly written.

They make seem like it's easy. Not putting enough detail or emotion. Even if the character is emotionless about it, there still has to be detail and emotion put into the writing. Show how they feel nothing from it. This is the stuff that frustrates me most.

Depressing thoughts

The depressing thoughts in depressing fics often seem like a bullet point list of thoughts. Sure, you want to put them in but you have to elaborate on them. It always feels like it moves on sentence never putting any structure to it. Like I've said many times, there's no emotion.

~

More often than not some of the best depressing fics come from people who feel most of this stuff. It's like they're putting their own mind into it. I come by too many fics that just seem to be made for the sake of it.

Here are some depressing fics I completely recommend!

Hello My Name Is
by personmcperson2

It's a prucan fic but it's written really well! The sad stuff is just...just read it!

Mr.Kirkland's Journal
by OffTopicFather

It's one of the few character journals that's actually really good! I've constantly been recommending this because it's just that great!

Vent
by CallMeFeli

It's another character journal but it's done in a way I haven't seen before and there's a legit reason for Italy to be writing in it. It's great go read it!

Choices
by Ivvy_E_Grace

This one made me cry. Well, most of these have but this one makes me cry every time I even think about it. It's so sad and relatable. Go read it!

La Tristesse
By TheWiseMansFear

This is a FrUk fic. But it's depression done well. It's just really good! I don't have much to say about it besides, go read it!

Night
by blomerzi

I can never forget this one. My god, this one is just insane. The poor guy quite literally goes insane. I don't want to say more about it because I don't want to ruin the experience. Read it!

Italian Diaries
by Katleen14

This is possibly my favorite fic ever. I mean that because it blends everything together so well. The basic plot is kinda cliche but the way is written is amazing. Go read it right now!

Conclusion

I'm sick of seeing depressing fics go to waste. Some of them have a really good plot but are written so horribly.
I'm just asking for more emotion and detail and just something of substance. Not the cheap stuff most people will read because they can relate or something.

Make it better.

Please and thank you.