The last time

Alfie's POV :

"So. You thought you could get away did you?" Sophia walked towards me pushing me against a wall. I trembled slightly trying not to let it show. "Aww look, he's shaking under my force; he should be an easy one Ammut. Why didn't we attack him first?" The words casually dripped from her mouth like blood from a vampire's fangs - the slow sarcastic drawl adding to the eeriness of the situation.
"He wasn't worth it at the time. Now he is. Tell me Alfred, what is it that you need to protect the most?" Ammut joined in the taunting. I stayed silence knowing that if I didn't speak they couldn't use anything against me. "Was it your pathetic excuse of a family, what with their work orientated mindset and dislike of your interests" she paused waiting for some kind of reaction. When she realised she wouldn't get one, she continued, "or is it the best friend whom you succumb to on every level. That's right, Alfred you're just as bad as the rest of them. Weak. Pathetic. And helpless. You couldn't even protect the ditzy blonde from getting hurt."
"You leave her out of this" I shouted finding my voice. Only this time, as their voices roared around the empty walls, mine hardly made a sound.
"Look at the weak boy trying to fight back. You're just hopeless here boy, learn that now" Ammut finished tapping my cheek in a sarcastic gesture before they both left.
I woke up in a dark room, sunlight just peering through the curtains, sweating and struggling to breathe, with a stinging pain in my cheek. I got up quietly, so to avoid Jerome waking and got to the bathroom the sunlight shining bright enough to see a small eye of Horus tattoo etched onto my skin.

Amber's POV :

"Nina. Nina wake up. Nina" I heard a voice pull me out of my slumber. "Nina come on wake up."
"Alfie?" I asked still not fully aware of what was happening around me. "Is that you?"
"No."
"Very convincing. What's going on?" I asked sitting up slowly.
"Umm nothing. On a completely unrelated note do you know a way to hide a face tattoo? I'm asking for a friend" he said too quickly. My eyes shot open to see the mark on his cheek.
"When did that happen?"
"Last night" he replied sheepishly.
"What happened? Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, nothing bad happened - I just kind of need to cover this before school and let Sibuna know that they're prepared."
"Well, you've come to the right place" I got up and directed him to my dresser. "Lucky for you, your girlfriend is the best make-up artist in the house. I can easily cover that and make it look like no make-up is even there."
"You can" I nodded in response. "But, I have to wear make-up".
"Oh, come on Alfie it's not like it's the worst thing in the world. I'm covering a mark of doom for crying out loud."
"Yeah okay. I guess you're right."
"Of course I'm right, when am I not?" He laughed in response as I started to cover up his mark. "And voila" I stated as I finished.
"You can hardly tell it's there," he stated as he looked in the mirror. "Thanks babe" he smiled.
"You're welcome. Now, let's wake Grumpy and Bashful and tell them the news."
"You call them by dwarves names?" He asked. I nodded.
"Everybody has a dwarf name. You're Clumsy" I admitted.
"So what are you?"
"I never thought about that. I guess I would be Happy. That's the only one left."
"Who is everyone."
"Trix is Grumpy. Eddie is Sleepy. KT is Sneezy. You're Clumsy. Nina is Bashful. I'm Happy. And Fabian is Doc."
"Fitting."
"I know" I smiled before I woke up Neens.
"Why am I up so early?" Trix asked.
"I have the mark" way to be blunt Alfie.
"Wait what? Where?"
"On his cheek. I covered it up. Look how realistic it looks" I pointed it out to Nina.
"Oh totally, you can barely even see the -"
"Guys!" Right.
"Yeah so, basically, they're ready to fight. So we should start getting prepared." Alfie reiterated.
"Wait, what did they say to you? Everybody had a conversation first" Trix asked.
"Oh, um, nothing, just told me why I was the last person - because I had no connection and that."
"Okay, so we need to tell everybody else. I think it's time Eddie and I paid another little trip up to the castle in the sky, and for training - not visits. Get their attentions at breakfast, say to meet up at lunch. You in?" Nina came up with a plan.
"Yeah" we all chorused.
"Now just, get ready and act like nothing is up. We still have a couple of weeks left."
"29 days" I cut in. What? I have a calendar!
"Which reminds me, we need to sort out Christmas break. I might talk to Trudy this morning." We had cleared the point in fact that, as unfortunate as it was we had to miss Christmas with our families, we would all stay here the whole break as opposed to coming back early. One of us would have had to stay for the full duration of the holiday in order for the house to be open for us here on January 3rd so we decided we would just all do it - instead of Nina being alone on Christmas. Now we just need to get Trudy to buy into our act.
"Come on guys, I'm hungry" Trixie moaned motioning us out the door.

Patricia's POV :

"Hey Trudy, can I speak to you please?" Nina asked.
"Sure, what's up?"
"My gran took ill again and can't have me home over the holiday and I was wondering if there was the option of staying here instead of being alone in a foreign country?" Nice work Nina.
"Oh sweetie. Is she okay? Of course that should be okay. I'll talk to Mr. Sweet to see what I can do."
"Thankyou Trudy. Also, yes she should be fine, but they're keeping her in for a few weeks so she doesn't want me to go home this Christmas. She thinks it will ruin the mood and you know my gran, always worrying about me, even if I am 19." She fake laughed towards the end to make it seem more realistic.
"Oh, well, Trudy. Since it wouldn't be fair for Nina to be alone on Christmas, could I stay too? My family wouldn't mind me missing Christmas and they could always visit. And Alfie will come won't you boo?" He agreed before Trudy replied.
"Amber honey, I don't think-"
"But Trudes, it's not fair that Nina has to stay alone on Christmas just because she can't go back to her family" Amber cut her off pleading. You could see Trudy was about to give in so Fabian cut in.
"Yeah, that's right Ambz. It wouldn't be fair. I'll stay too. If that's alright. I mean, you guys need some company on Christmas. You shouldn't have to miss out. We can do something together."
"I'll stay too Neens, give us a chance to catch up - talk about things."
"No that's more than enough now KT."
"But Trudy - she's my cousin; I didn't know her my whole life and now I find out that she's family. My best friend is my family. I want to get to know her more. And Christmas is a time to be with family. Come on Trudy." KT pleaded.
"Don't worry Trudy, I'm sure Dad won't mind. Hey guys, me and Yacker will visit you too. Your parents know you're spending the holidays with me right?" He asked and I quickly nodded playing along. "So, we'll come down. Eric will most likely be working at times anyway. It will be fine. It can be like, our little family Christmas."
"I can stay too." Mara offered.
"Thanks Mara. And all of you guys, but I'm sure I'll be okay."
"Well, we're staying." I protested.
"Honestly Mara, I think you should spend Christmas with your family. We know you don't see them often and it wouldn't be fair for you to miss out because of me. I have a lot of people already willing to give up Christmas for me. Be with your family" Nina told her.
"Well then, Eddie, you can sort it out. But don't come crying to me if he says no. Now all of you, go, get to school." Trudy said shooing us out of the room. Now to talk to Sweetie.

________________________________________________________

A/N
Hey guys! So today's been a little hectic - I got my GCSE results :/

This book is rounding off a little now and there won't be many chapters left - we're finally near the end. Thank you for sticking by me through all the breaks and the non-updates.

Thank you to Friday413 who has been filling my notifications the last few days.

I hope you all like the update.

~sibunator4life<3