Library fun

KT's POV :

"You ready?" I asked Ambz.
"Yeah, now let's go before anybody catches us. Neens and Fabes are on a date,"
"They're being awfully romantic since they got back together" I cut her off.
"Well, they are marked for death and all" she replied casually before continuing. "Anyway, Trix is cleaning toilets at school, Eddie should still be asleep, so Alfie is the only one that would be concerned if we get caught" she clarified for like, the thousandth time.
"I know, I know, let's go" I said as we left her room and started exiting the house. The walk to the library is quite short from Anubis, and since it was a free period in college for almost the whole house, and early, we got no weird looks. The library was practically empty, with all the high schoolers in school, and the college people either in college or enjoying their free. "What are we looking for again?" I spoke as the last person left the library ready to head to their next class.
"Just, anything about them. There's stuff on Ammut over there" she pointed to a spot on the ground floor, "and I was going to look for some things on deities or higher powers and stuff." I nodded in response before I got to work. All the books about Ammut had very little about the devourer herself. "Hey, Amber, this book briefly mentions a deity connected with Ammut, will you search him? He is called Babi. It might be under Baba though" I called up the stairs after I found it in a general newspaper article-type thing.
"I'll look." After about 10 minutes she finally found something. As I walked up to her she started explaining. "Found him. Babi. It says here that he was depicted by a baboon. He was an alpha-male AKA the leader, and had the same job as Ammut, devouring souls. It was said that some Egyptians believed him to portray ancestors, which I'm guessing could link to the fact that the Chosen One and Osirian get powers from their ancestors. Oh, yep, it also says here, that he was believed to be the first born son of Osiris."
"Which backs up your theory of it being related to Nina and Eddie." I exclaimed.
"Exactly."
"Think we should tell the guys now?" I asked.
"We should, shouldn't we?" I nodded in response. "Can we at least wait until after? I don't want to ruin anyone's day. How about tonight, after classes?" I reluctantly agreed, knowing she had a point. "Good" she smiled, closing the book and putting it in her bag to show them later.

Eddie's POV :

"So you wanted to talk to us?" I asked as we sat in Amber's room.
"Yeah, but first, you umm, you have to promise not to be mad" KT stuttered.
"You're making me nervous"
"Just promise us" Amber quickly cut Nina off.
"Okay, okay, I promise." A chorus of agreements were heard as KT slowly pulled up the bottom left corner of her tee, revealing a mark.
"How long have you had this?" Fabian asked quickly. Like he's in a position to judge.
"Eddie!" I was scolded. Oh yeah. I forgot about the mind-reading thing for a second.
"Sorry" I smiled sheepishly.
"A couple of days" KT told us all. Well, props to them for keeping it a secret.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Nina asked curiously.
"Because then we would have to tell you how she did, and the situation, and we didn't want to explain that until we got more information on the situation." Amber explained rationally.
"What situation?" Alfie asked.
"The other week, in Frobisher's study, we found a book. Well, I found the book, but I showed it to Amber almost instantly, because she was next to me. Anyway, the book was not a book, but a diary."
"It was Sophia's diary" Amber took over. "And obviously Sophia has no idea about discretion" yeah, Sophia has no idea - "so she wrote down everything. How she doesn't have powers, how they are worried they aren't strong enough to defeat us, and how they get up here; plot twist, Piper's locket transformed into a key that they use down there, to get to Zach's room." Amber rushed the information.
"Wait, what?"
"Yeah, so anyway, we confronted them about it, and things got a little out of hand, and KT got marked."
"A little out of hand?" Fabian asked. "She was marked for death!"
"Eh" Amber shrugged him off.
"So you said you found out more stuff?" Yacker asked.
"Oh yeah, well, you see! We decided to get more information on Ammut, and Amber thought that, since you were stronger now because you had powers of the deities, to search about deities, while I looked for things on Ammut. The library had nothing, but I found a clipping that was similar to a newspaper article but looked like it was a page torn from a book, that mentioned the deity Babi" KT explained before looking to Amber who hauled a giant book out of her bag.
"I searched him, and found out quite a lot. It says he was like an ancestor-type deity who had the same job as Ammut. But, he was also believed to be the first born son of Osiris."
"And Amber had the brilliant idea of how he could be related to you two" KT pointed towards Nina and I, "which explains why Ammut herself has personal grudges for you two, and why now you too have the power of deities, you would be stronger."
"It's like we have her powers, and ours."
"Not necessarily. It's more to do with the fact that her powers are more underworld, which don't work up here as well, and being a devourer she has little powers anyway. Babi had her job, which could mean that he taught her some of her ways, so she thinks the way he did. But, if he represents ancestors, and actually is one of Eddie's, other things besides the secret could've been passed down, without you realising it. Add this to your powers and your extended powers, she feels you are a lot stronger than her, which you are. On our team, we also have a descendant of a man she hates, two of the descendants of his exhibition team, and two other people who are so loyal, they are risking dying for this. So, they're petrified, and I don't blame them." KT explained in more depth.
"So what do we do?"
"We sit back, and we wait for more clues. Alfie hasn't got a mark yet, indicating that they may be training or waiting for them to get better before our final warning, which will then lead to the fight." Fabian told us logically.
"So we wait?"
"For now, yes."

________________________________________________

A/N hey guys! I know you've been waiting for a while, but I had this chapter done by like April 3rd, and I needed to wait until today (last day of April) to post it.
I have some news, whilst I will still hopefully be writing during the next few months, I may not update throughout May and June - hence my posting this on the last day possible. My exams (like big big exams that determine my future), start on May 17th and finish June 27th. There's a lot of revision leading up to it and wattpad won't be my main priority during this time. I know you want updates, and trust me, I'm so grateful of you all for sticking by me and being there. But, I hope you understand, this is for a better life for myself. It's not forever, but for the next two months there probably won't be updates. As soon as July/August time rolls around you should be getting regular updates again (once a week). I'm sorry.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And I hope you continue to read my story and others. I love you guys. Thank you for understanding.

~sibunator4life<3