Chapter Forty Eight

Jaiden and Robyn left leaving Jade alone at their home. She felt a bit nervous being with Emily since she didn't know anything about her, but she told herself everything will go fine. She grabbed her phone from letting it charge for a while. She grabbed her bag and decided to go for a walk. She locked the door and started to walk, as she walked out she felt the cold air collide to her warm skin. Jade walked and saw a cafe that wasn't so packed, she entered and ordered herself a hot chocolate. She sat in a seat next to the glass, she looked outside and saw people walk by. She then looked away and took a sip of her drink and was thinking about the case. She was thinking on why the last letter was on the photo of her and her father on her high school graduation, she knew the murderer was only being teasing her.

She looked up and saw that the news were on, it was just the sheriff explaining what he knows. He talked about how there is a copycat out there and to be very cautious, to stay home after 9 P.M. The sheriff did leave out several details but they were personal, then a photo of Carson came up. It was a news reporter in front of the hospital he is in, she explained on how that she has no new update but that he was fine. Jade couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief even though Alex told her he was fine.

She remembered his face growing paler and paler within every single second, his blood coming out of his body quicker than (my dad leaving) anything. She remembered every second of it, she shut her eyes for a second before shaking her head and taking another sip of her drink. She texted Alex asking if he remembered to keep her father safe, she waited impatiently for him to reply. As she was waiting impatiently she looked around the cafe and for a second thought she saw... Him. But it was someone different.

Jade thought she was going crazy again, there were so many things happening at once. As she was thinking she got a text back from Alex.

Yes, I made sure your father is safe. Don't worry. Everything will be fine. -Alex

Jade shut off her phone but then her phone lit up to see a number. She picks it up and looks at the text.

Hey Jade! It's Emily. Ashton gave me your number, and I'm on my way. I'll be picking you up in front of Jaiden's and Robyn's place, but I might be a little late because I might be lost. But overall I'll see you there. -Emily

Jade stood up and threw her drink away, she walked out of the cafe and started walking her way back to Jaiden's and Robyn's place. As she was almost there she received another text.

I am sorry to be a bother, but I'll be at the side of their place. I am about five minutes away! -Emily

Jade continued walking and made her way at the side of Jaiden's and Robyn's place. It was empty but Jade didn't care because it was normal. Jade felt her phone vibrate and saw it was a text from Alex. He sent a video. She opens the text and clicks on the video, it was a young housekeeper walking down the hall to her room. She was pushing a cart filled with clean towels, small shampoos etc. Jade squinted her eyes, she moved and slouched a bit to have shade. She saw the video more clearer, the housekeeper was for some reason covering her face. Only the back of her head showing, she sees the housekeeper move the towels and grabbed a pair of gloves. She moves and Jade saw the recent gifts, her eyes widen. The housekeeper opens the door and it quickly fast forwards to the housekeeper coming out, she then looked up and saw the security camera.

"Oh my god..." Jade whispered in complete shock.

A.N.
who do you think was in the security footage? could it be someone new? could it be Emily? Jaiden? Or Robyn?
love you guys xx