Chapter Forty Two

"So what exactly did you figure out, at around four in the morning." Alex asks then yawns before having his attention to Jade. They were all watching her on the couch while she stood in front of them. She runs her hand through her hair before taking a deep breath.

"How were the victims tortured? They were water boarded, making them grow weak and almost unconscious. How old were they? They were all seventeen, whoever is killing these victims are not going for anyone younger or older. All had their throats slit open. Does it at least sound a bit familiar to you on how this person is planning?" She stayed quiet and looked at all their expressions.

"This person-" Jaiden spoke before being interrupted.

"Are you serious?" Robyn says looking shocked.

"This person, must have looked into such detail with this." Alex spoke shaking his head.

"This person, is bringing my past from the grave. This person either must have been inspired in some type of way on how I was tortured or I don't know. I was seventeen... Seventeen when all that happened. I was water boarded and bombarded with several questions if my father was on a case. He would have a knife against my throat and basically make me afraid of him slicing my neck open. But he never did, he wanted me to be afraid. I was gone for 13 hours and tortured for 9. But the real question is. Why is this person trying to recreate all that, and leave letters behind." Jade stopped and took a deep breath.

"Why is this person trying to get themselves captured? When a suspect murders someone, they do whatever they can to not be in that cell. Why do the words spell out princess, is it a fetish? The man that tortured me, even when I was friends with one of his siblings he would always call me princess. His sibling knew that but he didn't care. Did this person wanted me to do this case in order to torture me in some type of way, or is some disgusting person trying to recreate that scene for fun, and killing innocent lives."

"This is just, crazy. Why-why would someone even do this?" Jaiden spoke.

"You'd be surprised on how many people recreate famous cases from around the world. People are that sick in the head." Alex says and looks at Jade. "The thing is Jade, we have no idea who it is. It could be anyone."

"I know... That part is what I'm stuck with. I'm sure that whoever tried to kill Carson and been in my place to leave those gifts... Is the one murdering all these people." Jade bit her lip and started thinking again.

"What was also weird is that, Carson was stabbed about an inch under his rib." Alex says.
Jade looked at him confused.

"How do you know that?"

"When you left I went to the hospital to see him, Doctor said that he was stabbed an inch under his rib. The same place you got that..."

"Scar." She finishes his sentence. Alex's phone then vibrated.

"They didn't find any thing you asked for but..." Alex paused and handed his phone to her. It was the letter I.

"Did they find another victims body?" She asks zooming in the photo.

"No... It was on the photo of your dad." Alex says.

"But I don't have a photo of my dad." She says, another text and it was zoomed out. It was the photo of her with her dad when she graduated. She gave the phone back.

"This is just..." Jade felt the room grow smaller and the air thickening. She then sat down on the floor. "Make sure my family is safe Alex."

"So that means, one last letter meaning one last person." Alex spoke. Jade sighed and nodded.

A.N.
hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! love you guys xx