they don't know about us

Perrie

I fix the bottom of Leigh-Anne's dress and pushed her hair behind her ear. As her black eyes stared at me I let out a laugh.

"Why do you look so nervous? I smile.

"Because I actually am." she muttered as she played with her fingers and looked down at the ground.

"You shouldn't be. They've known you since we were children. Once they figure out who you are I'll bet they'll be overjoyed."

"Promise?" she mumbled.

I cupped her face and brang my lips to hers "I promise from here to Mars." I laugh.

Her smile grew and inch and her eyes lit up "I love you." she whispered.

"I love you more. Don't be scared." I say as I faced the door and rang the bell.

Inside I could hear the shuffling of feet, shouting, and laughs.

"Hurry up Jonnie! Open the door for your sister." my mom shouts.

At the second the door before us flies open and by the other side was my older brother, my younger sister Caitlin and my cousin Ellie.

By the lounge was my parents.

I smiled and stepped inside, Leigh-Anne following me into the large sitting area where I guess we would be talking.

"Hey Mom, Dad." I smiled.

"Morning baby." he smiled.

"Same goes," my mom smiles "is it just you two?" she asked. She seemed confused.

"Oh of course not. Jade's in the car with her girlfriend. Said they would wait there."

"Girlfriend?" my mum asked.

I nod "She moved on from our problem. And I couldn't be more than happy for Jadey."

"Anywho," my dad smiled "what's the surprise you came to deliver?" he asked.

I lifted my left hand and revealed the ring that was wrapped around my finger.

"You're engaged!" my siblings shouted.

I laughed "Yeah," I say " I can't believe it either. I mean 4 months ago I was just a piece of rubbish who couldn't get over her ex."

"So who's the lucky boy?" my mom smiled.

I looked over to Leigh-Anne. Her half smile turned into a blank expression.

"Mom," Jonnie started "It's Leigh-Anne. Not a boy."

"OMG. Leigh." Caitlin laughed.

I looked back at my parents.
"Never one to dissappoint," he chuckled "I'm happy that you're happy. Keep rocking and rolling baby. And for you," he said as he got up from his chair and knelt in front of Leigh "I want you to make Perrie as happy as you can. Treat her like the only girl in the world. Love her till you're both old. Yeah?"

Leigh chuckled as her eyes welled up "Yeah I can do that."

"Great to have you back!" he smiled as he wrapped his arms around Leigh.

"Well," my mom started "I finally -"

"Debborah," my dad sighed "Don't you fucking dare open that mouth of yours. Perrie's happy again. What's so hard about accepting?"

"She's getting married to a girl." my mom spat.

"Mom!," Caitlin shouted "It's Leigh-Anne! And FYI she's right there. She's no random stranger to this family."

"I agree," my brother added " love is love. Let P be with the one her heart called for."

"Whatever." my mom answered.

"Go to hell!" I shout as I felt water leave my face and fall onto my dress. My hand held Leigh-Anne's and the next thing I knew I was outside.

Crouched to the ground, my head resting on my legs as I cried.

"I'm sorry," I cry "I didn't keep your promise. I'll see you later." I say as I lifted myself off the ground and ran down the driveway and out onto the street.

I ran faster than I thought I was capable of. The wind hitting my face. Jade and her car wasn't in sight.
As I ran for the corner I didn't know it would happen.