choices

Jade

I walk over to my mom's front door only to see Perrie with a huge smile on her face.

As I came to say hi I spotted the ring on her finger. I furrowed my brows and gave her a hug before I spoke.

"Jade, hey," she smiled "I haven't seen you since last week." she laughed.

"I know right," I laugh "did you get a new ring by the way?" I ask as I pointed to the object that rested on her finger.

She shook her head as she followed me to the living room.

"Actually no," she answered "Leigh gave it to me," she giggled.

"You're quite giggly today," I laugh "did she tell you what for?"

She laughed and shook her head "Jade, no," she laughed "she didn't get it for me because she wanted to," she explained "she bought it for me because -"

"You're engaged..," I mutter.

She looked at me with worry as my voice toned down. "Why are you muttering? Something wrong?"

"Oh no I - I just thought that - I mean you two just - I still - "

"Jade!" she yelled.

"What's wrong?" she asked worridly.

"I didn't know you two would actually g-get this far I mean y-you -"

"I what?," she asked "Jade, it's been four months. Longer than that even if you count the months we talked for. Why are you acting so strange?"

"Don't you get it Pez?"

"Please don't tell me you still love me?" she chuckled.

I nodded soflty, "I - I do."

"So what does that make you and Niall then?," she asked as she crossed her arms, " friends with benefits? No strings attatched?"

"I don't like Niall," I say  "Because no matter how much I try to move on with him I always remember you."

"Me? Why the fuck would you remember me if you're with Niall? He'a a completely different person from me Jade."

"Because when our lips touch," I tremble "I remember our first kiss."