alley

Leigh

I watched Jade enter the restaraunt while Perrie kept drooling over the food inside.

"Are you ok?" I laugh.

"Yeah," she smiled as she wiped the bottom of her lip "the food looks amazing in there." she explained.

"Well we can't eat here," I say as I watch Jade take her seat " they might think we're spying on them."

"True," she sighed " well I guess I have to wait."

"Well there's a Nandos down the road," I say pointing to the small restaraunt down the street " I mean it's not as fancy as this but it'll do."

"It'll do good for the both of us. Trust me. I haven't had a Nandos in ages."

"Well what are we waiting for?" I laugh as I grabbed her wrist and dragged her down the street.

As the wind softly blew against our skin I pulled her around corner which led to an empty alley way.

"Babe, where are you going? Nandos is.. -"

"Nandos is what?" I laugh.

As my held her hand I looked at her as she scanned the narrow alley way.

"I've been here before," she started as she looked around us " I used to go here."

I smiled, " Who did you go with?" I say.

"I used to go here with my best friend. And no it wasn't Jade. I had this best friend before Jerrie came along."

I laughed as she spoke. She had no idea.

"We used go here after school before she had to leave for California. We had a week left to enjoy Year 9 as much as we could. So when the bell rang we would run down here and just talk about boys, sing songs, develop feelings for each other..."

"Developed feelings?" I ask.

"Yeah - well I did. She was just different. She didn't care if I was weird or what I did in life. She was really cute too."

"Well it's good that I took you here." I laugh.

"Why? So you could find more about my past?"

"You mean our past?"

Her body stiffened as she looked at me directly.

"What was her name?" I ask.

Her lips fell apart and her eyes watered, "Leigh-Anne."