Chapter 24

[A/N]: :D Hiiii! I'm procrastinating. ANYWHO THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO youhadonejob, to ZEN TO BE SPECIFIC BECAUSE SHE DREW THIS AMAZING/ADORABLE THING AND ITS IN THE MULTIMEDIA DON'T READ THE CHAPTAH YET JUST GO LOOK THEN MAYBE YOU CAN READ IF YOU WANT K BYE

[Louis' P.O.V]

I stayed by Harry's side throughout the night, whispering sadly to him. The only times I left him were to feed and change Elijah, and then when Fionna woke up around 4AM and didn't automatically spot me as she woke up. The lab probably confused her, and she burst into terrified tears until I climbed back down on the air mattress with her and cuddled until she fell asleep. 

But after that, I either cuddled Elijah in the chair so I could sit with Harry, or I sat with Harry while the babies slept on their beds. Dr. Shell occasionally came back downstairs to check on my Kitten, but he still remained exactly the same. Around 8:30AM when Elijah woke up for a bottle, Fionna woke up and came to try and climb onto my lap.

"Hold on, little beebee," I told her softly, not even having a hand to smooth her mussed up curls. "I have to finish feeding your beebee brudder."

She made a frustrated sound, still tugging at my sweat pants, "Dahey! Dada? Dadadadada?" 

My heart sank, and I blinked hard to fight back the tears that had continuously arrived in floods throughout the night, "He's asleep, baby girl..."

She plopped down on her little bottom with a loud wail then, and Elijah spit out his bottle as his face scrunched up and his ears flattened at the loud noise. Dr. Shell came into the room then, looking in confusion to Fionna, "...Jealous?"

"She just wants someone to hold her, too," I croaked. "She's only just woken up and usually Harry and I snuggle with her."

"C'mere, squirt," Dr. Shell murmured. "I'm not one of your daddies but we can get you some breakfast while your daddy feeds your baby brother."

She continued to wail as Dr. Shell picked her up, and Elijah suddenly began to wail until I stood with him and tucked him up by my neck, patting his back so he'd burp. It took some persistent patting, but he finally gave a small burped and huffed despite the fact that Fionna was still wailing as Dr. Shell was preparing her a small bowl of applesauce.

I felt horrible for not tending to Fionna's crying, but Elijah was still so little and he needed his daddy whereas Fionna only wanted me... me or Harry. But Harry wasn't an option at the moment, and I didn't want to think too far into it so I simply pressed my nose into Elijah's curls and sucked in several deep breaths. He smelled like baby powder and then the indescribable baby scent that made me want to cuddle him even closer. 

He squeaked slightly, his little ears twitching against my cheek, and it reminded me so much of the times Harry would be dreaming in my arms and he'd make the exact same noise, do the exact same thing with his ears. A stray tear slid down my cheek, and I kissed the top of Elijah's little head. We swayed by the bassinet in attempts to make him sleep, and finally Dr. Shell had gotten Fionna to relax enough to grumpily eat applesauce that she occasionally tried to dump on him. 

They joined us again just as I was lowering Elijah into his bassinet and gently kissing his forehead, making sure he was swaddled warmly. I held my arms out to Dr. Shell for Fionna, and she came to me with a pout still on her face. 

"I'm going to go unlock the doors for when your mother arrives," he told me, and I nodded as I moved back to sit with Harry. 

Fionna snuggled close against my chest, and I stroked her hair gently, "Daddy loves his beebee..." 

She made a huffing sound, and I smiled sadly as she snuggled closer, "No." 

"Are you angry with me?" I asked her.