Chapter 31

[A/N]: SORRY I'M SO SLOW. BUT I HAVE UNI AND I STARTED MY NEW FIC WANTED MOST AND I STILL HAVE MERMAN IN THE WATER AND ALSO I'M WORKING ON PART TWO OF THIS A/B/O FIC I HAVE ON AO3 (too mature for wattpad but the link for it is in my profile if you're interested) BUT LETS GO THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO iloveflowers123 for making the multimedia! :D

[Jay's P.O.V]

Chris drove faster than I thought the ginger man dared to drive, taking him for someone who generally followed the law. But as made our way to the Epson building, he went far over the speed limit. It had only been a little over twenty-four hours since the three had been taken, but so much could have happened during that time, and it made me sick to my stomach.

I was surprised that Liam had tagged along, but the boy sat in the back nervously pulling at his fingers. We made eye contact through the rearview mirror, and he croaked out, "Think they're safe at the house? Maybe I shouldn't have left-"

"They're fine at the house," Chris assured. "Niall and Harry would never let anything happen to the babies, the alarm is set, I promise they're alright." 

"I didn't even tell my Baxie boy I'd be back," Liam mumbled, leaning forward anxiously. "I just rushed out, didn't give him a kiss or anything..."

"Liam," I soothed. "You're going to see him again as soon as we get Zayn, Louis, and Fionna. Niall can take care of him while you're helping us."

"I wonder if it's going to be hard to get into the building," Chris said lowly, groaning as he had to slow down as a car pulled in front of us. "I'm trying to take back roads, what is this person-"

"Easy," I hushed, even though I was feeling anxious myself. The sooner we got back my baby boy, my baby granddaughter, and Zayn, the sooner everyone could relax again. Or relax as much as possible after the exposure of hybrids. "Lucca and his men have to get there first, and they'll help us get into the building. It'll be simpler with their help."

We left the back roads, driving into the east end of London. There were more cars and buildings, but it wasn't as busy as other areas. I had to hold on to the door with Chris' driving, but much to my relief we eventually ended up swerving into a crowded car park of a decent looking building with huge letters spelling out EPSON across the top.

"This is the place?" Liam asked in shock. "Where's the front?"

"Where all those people are," Chris replied, and much to my surprise he was right. There was a large mass of people outside the building doors.

"Those aren't Lucca's men, who are they?" I gasped.

"More than likely reporters and such," Chris shook his head. "Whoever exposed Zayn and Fionna probably only wanted out the story of hybrids, not the place they were located. But the location is out and now everyone wants to see for themselves."

Chris parked illegally, too anxious to worry about finding a parking spot, and we rushed towards the large crowd. Almost immediately I could make out Lucca's bald head in the throng of people, and I rushed up behind him with Chris and Zayn close by, "Lucca!"

He jumped slightly, glancing at me before grinning largely, "Oh, Jay! Hi... yeah, things are a bit... hectic here."

"What's happening?" I asked, looking at the people all around me. From the crowd, a woman yelled out loudly.

"Set them free!"

Lucca nodded towards the sound, "Some people are actually protesting. Some are reporters. And some are just curious. I don't think the exposure is going as they planned. They've locked the doors, but they have to come out at some point. And when they do, my guards up front are going in."