Chapter Six

"Boys. This is Katie." He said in a monotone voice. "She's my girlfriend."

Everything was dead silent and tense until a glass of water shattered on the floor. Everyone's heads snapped towards the sound. There stood Louis with a shocked look on his face. In front of Louis stood the love of his life with some two bit hussy under his arm. Jealousy and hatred surged through him and it was aimed at the innocent wide eyed blonde girl.

"Hello Katie," Louis spat her name out like it was poison. "I'm Louis" Katie nodded slowly and tried to swallow around the lump in her throat. To say she was scared was an understatement. Everyone says that Harry and Liam are the most terrifying when they're mad but in Katie's opinion it was Louis. Louis had this fire in his eyes. Paul came up and gently led Katie away after fighting with Harry and swearing on not only his life but his kids' lives as well that nothing would happen to her. After Katie disappeared through the double doors of the adjoined bedroom the boys jumped on Harry, rapidly shooting questions at him. Anger boiled up in Harry until he finally blew up.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Harry screamed and everyone froze. Sure Harry got mad but he'd never screamed like that. Harry looked around and spotted Zayn's cigarettes sitting on the end table. He grabbed them and started to stalk off but was stopped by a pale hand on his forearm. He looked up and locked eyes with Niall.

"Harry. Please stop this. We're worried about you. You've changed." He whispered and Harry's eyes softened before hardening once again.

"I'm not the only one." Harry said bitterly and looked pointedly at Louis, storming away moments later. He stormed out onto the balcony and lit up one of the sticks. He sucked in a long drag and let it out. He watched as the smoke danced around him before the wind caught it and carried it off. He enjoyed the burning sensation in his throat from the nicotine and the calmness that was spreading throughout his body. He was mesmerised by the glowing red end of the stick. A soft touch on his free hand snapped him out of his day dream. Katie smiled sadly up at him. Her hand and wrist were in a black brace.

"Doctor said it was just a sprain. She wants me to keep this brace on." Katie said softly and Harry nodded. He put out what was left of the cigarette and wrapped his arms around Katie tightly, sweetly kissing her cheek.

"I'm so sorry that you got hurt Katie." Harry whispered, rubbing circles into her hips with the pads of his thumbs. "I should've protected you better. I shouldn't have taken us out without security" he rambled. "It's just you make me feel so normal. I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not. I can be Harry not /the/ Harry Styles. The manwhore who gives his number out to any pretty face with has a vagina. I'm not like that though! I've slept with two people my entire life. Louis and a girl I dated before X-Factor." He cried. Katie reached up and cupped his cheeks.

"Harry. Stop." Katie ordered gently and brushed her thumbs over his cheeks, gathering the escaping tears. "Your fans know that. The older fans, the ones who've seen you grow, would never believe those bullshit lies. You're a sweet boy. You're so gentle and awkward. Please don't believe those dumbasses." Katie begged softly and Harry looked down at her with hesitant green eyes that were swimming with tears. He sucked in a breath and brought a hand up to cup her smooth rosy cheek. He noticed how peculiar her eyes were. They were a warm brown with a splash of green. Her beautiful eyes fluttered shut as Harry slowly leaned in. He wasn't sure what he was doing but in that instance, it felt right. His lips hovered above hers for a moment before they finally met in a sweet and gentle kiss. Harry pulled her close, both arms encircling her waist tightly. Katie's arms wrapped around his neck. Harry pulled away and rested his forehead against Katie's.

"So, am I better than Louis?" She

asked jokingly and Harry just laughed.

"Much." He said with a playful wink.