Chapter Forty-Four

It was the day of the concert and everyone was running around like crazy backstage. They'd sold out in a matter of minutes and had made over a million dollars. Adaley sat patiently on the couch as she waited for each boy to walk out from the dressing room. Harry stepped out and Adaley giggled at his dyed hair. He stuck his tongue out at her and picked her up.

"Are you nervous?" Adaley asked and poked his cheek, making him laugh. Harry shrugged slightly and followed everyone to the side of the stage.

"Kinda because we haven't sang these songs in years." Harry explained and Adaley nodded. They both fell silent when a figure walked on stage. It was Terrance. Confused murmurs and whistles echoed through the crowd. Terrance chuckled softly and brought the microphone up to his mouth.

"I want to thank everyone who came here today and who are watching this concert online. My name is Terrance and I'm Katie's older brother. When I found out that my sister was diagnosed with cancer I was heartbroken. She has so much more life to live. She's in her second year of medical school and she has a beautiful little girl to raise. Harry and the band all organized this concert to bring awareness to every type of cancer and the impact it has on the patients' families. If you'd like to donate please find a cancer society of your choice. If you didn't see when you came in we are selling merchandise for this concert. There's shirts, hoodies, jewelry, temporary tattoos, magnets, and hospital style bracelets with a patient's name, age, and type of cancer. All money from sales will be going towards cancer research. Products available at the concert will also be online at TheKatieCaneCampaign.com. There will also be a concert video available in time." Terrance said and looked around the crowd with sad eyes. "If my sister was with me she'd be telling me to shut up already and get on with the show. So, without further ado, let's get on with the show!" He yelled and everyone cheered. Mil, the band's stage manager, ushered for Josh, Dan, Sandy, and Jon to walk on stage. The screams got progressively louder when each boy took their position. Terrance walked back on stage and smiled as he waited for the screams to die down. "I'll be taking over as Dermont O'Leary who was the X-Factor host in season seven. First we have Louis Tomlinson singing his audition. Please give it up for Louis who's singing 'Hey There Delilah' by the Plain White Ts!" he announced and Louis walked out onto the stage wearing the same clothes he had on when he auditioned five years ago. Only difference was his hair was blue, pink, and teal. He sang with such power that everyone in the room was dead silent when he sang. When he finished singing the song the entire crowd erupted into earth shattering screams. He smiled proudly and signaled for the crowd to quiet down.

"Good evening everyone! Thank you so much for coming. We're going to have a Twitter session with each one of us after we finish performing our audition song. You can start sending in your tweets now with the hashtag 'Fighting the pain with Katie Cane'. We have a team backstage who will go through your tweets and make sure to tell us your seat location in the tweet!" he said happily and looked back when a question appeared. "So Alexandria wants to know why I dyed my hair. Well as everyone knows this concert is about cancer. As a band we decided that we'd all dye our hair a different color to bring attention to one certain type of cancer. I dyed my hair this color to bring awareness to Thyroid Cancer." Louis explained and everyone cheered. Terrance came back on the stage and shook Louis' hand. Louis walked backstage and Terrance began speaking again.

"Next we have Niall Horan who will be performing his audition song 'So Sick' by Ne-Yo. Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Niall!" Terrance introduced and Niall walked on stage sporting purple hair and his award winning smile. He waved at everyone and started to belt out the song as the band rocked on behind him. When he was finished he did his signature jump which made the crowd scream even louder. He brought the microphone back up to his mouth and started to speak.