Chapter Four

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?" The voice shouted. Harry winced. He would know that voice anywhere. He had been in a band with the boy for 5 years.

"Hey, Niall. I'm at a friends. Why?" He asked softly. He heard shouting in the background followed by a very firm and a very recognisable voice ordering those shouting to be quiet. He heard a few mumbled words and the passing of the phone from one grasp to another. Harry gulped.

"Harry. Where are you? And don't you dare lie to me." Simon said firmly and Harry suppressed a squeak.

"I'm a friend's house, Simon." Harry said softly and looked down, pushing his food around on his plate. He heard Simon sigh and Harry swallowed thickly.

"I heard what Modest! did to you and Louis. Come back home and we'll get this fixed. I promise." Simon said gently and Harry rolled his eyes. He looked over and saw Katie watching him closely. He knew what he was about to say was really stupid and he might get himself kicked out of his new friend's house but he had to. In his mind it made sense.

"Do you really want to know where I am, Simon?" Harry asked bitterly. Terrance and Katie's eyebrows furrowed, giving him weird looks.

"Yes I do. I'll send a car for you. Or one of the boys." Simon said as he rubbed his chin. Harry rolled his eyes.

"I'm at my girlfriend Katie's house with her brother. I'll be home before practice tonight. Goodbye." Harry growled and hung up, dropping his head onto the table. Someone cleared their throat and Harry peeked up at them nervously. Terrance was sitting there staring at Harry with his jaw almost hitting the table. Harry quickly glanced at Katie and the girl was glaring at him. If looks could kill I would be dead fifty times over, he thought to himself and sighed.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I was just really pissed." Harry mumbled and played with his phone.

"How are we gonna do this?" Katie's voice rang through his ears and his head snapped up.

"What?" Harry asked, disbelief in his voice. Katie sighed.

"How are we gonna do this? Date I mean. We know nothing about each other and I'm not sure your management will go for this." Katie said as she handed Harry a plate of food.

"Why are you going for this? I told Simon that we were dating without your consent. You should be beyond pissed at me and wanting to hit me." Harry said softly, nibbling on the French toast on his plate. Katie laughed.

"I do kinda wanna hit you but there's no point. You got us into this and we need to get out of it together. This is beneficial for the both of us anyway. I get to meet new people and make connections and you don't look like a liar and you make a new friend. And hey, I'm better than Taylor right?" She joked, poking his ribs. Harry laughed and squirmed away from her finger.

"I think a lion is better at relationships than Taylor. At least when they devour you it's less embarrassing." Harry laughed and gulped down his food. "Well we better hurry up and learn how to act like a couple cuz I'm guessing Simon is gonna want to meet my girlfriend." He said softly and stood up, running his fingers through his hair. Katie sighed and stopped his hand, fixing his hair.

"I know that's a nervous habit of yours but you have to stop. Just relax and take deep breaths." Katie said softly. She ran her hands up and down Harry's forearms trying to sooth his nerves. "Now. Do you want to come straight out acting like a couple or do you want to slowly make an appearance?" She asked gently. Harry sighed and shook his head. Terrance glanced at the clock and stood up.

"I've gotta head to work. Be safe pup." Terrance said softly and kissed Katie's head then Harry's. "you be careful, Harry. Don't get hurt and don't hurt her." He warned gently and disappeared out the front door with a briefcase in tow. Katie glanced back at Harry and sighed.

"C'mon. Let's get ready and go for a walk." Katie said gently and stood up, taking his hand. "You can wear some of Terrance's clothes." She said and pushed Harry into the room. Twenty minutes later Katie was locking up the front door and walking down the street with Harry's arm slung across her shoulders. Their conversations and laughs weren't forced. It felt like they had known each other for years. Katie's hand came up to take Harry's that was slung across her shoulders. Katie opened her mouth to reply to Harry's smart aleck comment when a shrill scream pierced the air.

"OH MY GOD. IT'S HARRY STYLES!"