Chapter Thirteen

Harry groaned as he slammed his head on the door to the apartment that Katie shared with her brother. The sound made Katie jump and she slowly opened the door to see a upset Harry. She sighed and opened it wider.

"What happened this time?" She asked softly as Harry plopped down at the table. She sat a steaming up of tea in front of him and he gave her a weak smile.

"Zayn quit the band because of me and they're talking about Louis marrying Briana." He whispered and swallowed thickly. "I can't believe that I made my best friend quit because I was being so stupid!" He shouted and Katie winced. Adaley walked herself into the kitchen and gently poked Harry's arm. His expression softened when he saw her.

"Mr. Harry. You're very loud in the morning." She grumbled, hair all tied in knots. He instantly felt bad and picked her up. She instantly cuddled into his chest.

"I'm sorry Ada." He said in a gentle tone, rubbing her back. Katie smiled softly at the scene in front of her. She knew that one day Harry would be a great father and a great husband. Adaley smiled to herself and brought Harry's hand up to wrap around her bear.

"Markim will make you feel tons better, Mr. Harry. Uncle Terr gave him to me when I was really little." She explained and her eyebrows furrowed. "Back when my daddy was around." She said with a frown and sniffled slightly. Katie froze. She didn't want Harry knowing anything about Adaley's father. Not yet at least. She cleared his throat.

"You told me last night before I fell asleep that we were gonna go do something today?" She questioned as she started to prepare breakfast for them. Harry nodded and grinned.

"I thought we could go to the zoo and then ice cream afterwards? Just a nice simple relaxing day." He hummed and gently sat Adaley in her own chair. "I just want a day where I don't have to worry about interviews or recording or concerts. I want a day to myself and a couple of my favourite people." He said with a grin making Adaley giggle. He hummed softly to himself as he got up. "Do you mind if I help you?" He asked softly and Katie shook her head.

"Feel free. This is your second home now. You're welcome here anytime you need an escape from anyone." She said with a kind smile. "We're your family over here." He nodded and hugged her to his side before he started to cut up some fruit. Adaley started to sing at the table.

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away." She sang as she watched her mother cook breakfast. Harry smiled at the two and his mind drifted back to his own mother. He hadn't seen her in ages and honestly he missed her so much more since things had started happening. He made sure to make a mental note to call her when he back to his apartment. Breakfast passed with ease. Katie and Adaley teased Harry about how he set his napkin on his lap and in turn Harry teased Adaley about the syrup on her nose. When they were all done Harry started to clean up the dishes as Katie took Adaley for a shower. He couldn't believe that the result from his almost one night stand was a girl who was willing to be there for him even though one wrong headline could ruin her, Adaley, and Terrance. He sighed as he put the last dish away. Small steps pattered into the kitchen.

"Mr. Harry. Would you help me pick out something to wear?" Adaley asked softly, looking down at her feet. Harry nodded and followed her to her room. She made the tall boy sit in her bed as she looked at her closet.

"What would you like to wear? We're going to the zoo so I think you should wear something comfortable and cool." He suggested and Adaley thought for a moment.

"What about this? It's Mommy's favourite on me." She said with a grin. She held up a pair of shorts and a shirt that said 'if you think I'm sassy. You should meet my Mommy!'. Harry laughed and nodded.

"I think that's perfect!" He said with a grin. "I'll let you be while you get ready." He stood up and started for the door but she grabbed his hand.

"Can you do my hair too?" She asked shyly, looking down at her feet. He thought for a moment.

"I can try. I'm not very good though." He said honestly and Adaley shrugged.

"If you mess up my mommy will fix it." She said and sat herself down at her vanity. Harry walked up behind her and started to mess with her hair. In the end Adaley's hair was in perfect low pigtails and she grinned. "Thank you Mr. Harry!" She giggled and hugged him tightly. He smiled softly and strolled out of the room. He saw Katie standing at the counter dressed in high waisted shorts and a flowy tank top that showed off her body.

"Adaley's getting dressed." He mumbled softly and ran his hand through his hair. Katie nodded and looked down.

"Harry. Tell me now. How bad are we going to be swarmed with paparazzi?" She asked timidly, chewing on her lip. He sighed and shrugged.

"I honestly don't know. We might not be bothered or we might be bombarded. My main thing is that if we get swarmed I want you to get Adaley and yourself behind me. If you need me to I can call Paul. He'd follow us around the zoo and make sure no one bothered us" he suggested and she thought for a moment.

"I don't want to do that because it'd feel like someone is stalking me but I want to do it for Adaley's safety." She said and fiddled with her fingers. "Adaley is the most important thing to me..." She trailed off and took a deep breath. "Call him."