Chapter Thirty-Eight

They walked into the store and their jaws dropped as Adaley squealed.

"This is so cool!" She said excitedly and tugged on Harry's hand. "C'mon!" she said and pulled him towards the kids section. Harry picked her up and they started to weave through the furniture, discussing the pros and cons of each thing. Adaley pointed and Harry followed her finger.

"You wanna look at that?" he asked and Adaley nodded, studying the bed. When they walked over he read the label. "Hampshire canopy bed." Adaley studied it for a moment before she nodded.

"This one." She said and gave him a huge smile.

"Are you sure princess?" Harry asked, setting her down. She walked over to it and sat down on the mattress.

"Yes." She said simply and walked around the bed. Harry told Niall to write it down and took her hand.

"Now you gotta pick out a dresser, nightstand, lamp, bedding, bookshelf, and a place to store your toys." He told her and she nodded, guiding him over to the dresser section. She walked around them with Niall and Harry following close behind her. When she stopped suddenly Harry almost stepped on her. She studied the one in front of her for almost five minutes before smiling.

"I like this one." She said, pointing at six drawer dresser with handles and trim that matched the bed she chose. He turned to Niall and pointed at the name which read 'Larkin 6-drawer dresser'. She drifted off and looked at the nightstands. After about two hours she had her bedroom set picked out. For a night table she decided on a Larkin Nightstand that matched her dresser. For her bedside lap she decided on a simple grey light years table lamp with a white base. After a little bit of argument with Harry they finally agreed on a grey 12-cube bookcase and a grey storagepalooza. Harry decided that she need a nightlight so they both decided on an illuminated world lamp. When it came to bedding Adaley was extremely indecisive. She bounced around the bedding section, looking for the perfect one for her new room. Finally she gasped and ran over, hands touching a light pink duvet with a phone booth from London on it. Harry walked over and ran his fingers over the soft material.

"Do you like this one?" He asked as she climbed up onto the bed. She hugged one of the pillows and nodded.

"I love it. It's got stuff from London on it! We saw these buses all over!" She giggled and Harry nodded, chuckling softly.

"It's called Lately Lily London bedding." He read and Niall jotted it down on his iPhone. Adaley smiled and gestured for Harry to pick her up. He lifted her up and she nuzzled into his neck. "Now you only have a couple more things to pick out." He hummed and Adaley gave him a funny look.

"What's that?" She asked, playing with his hair slightly.

"One toy and a playhouse." He said and showed her to the playhouse section. She immediately zeroed in on a pink canopy. He walked over and set her down. She walked into the canopy and sat down on the cushion. She peeked out of it and smiled at Harry who was now kneeling in front of her.

"This one." She said happily and Harry nodded, having Niall write it down again. Adaley slowly made her way over to the toy section. She squealed and ran over, stopping in front of a grey easel. "This one! I want this please!" she said and Harry chuckled. He showed her the art set he'd picked up along the way.

"You can only choose one." Harry told her and she looked between the two sadly. Niall stepped up and wrote down the name of easel. Harry gave him a funny look. "Whatcha doing, Ni?" he asked and Niall smiled.

"Consider this a present from me. You get her the art set and I'll get the easel." Niall explained and Adaley ran over, wrapping herself around his legs.

"Thank you Unca Ni!" she giggled and he patted her head, smiling softly.

"Anything for our little princess." He hummed and walked up to the register. He showed the cashier the list and Harry walked behind him, setting his hand on Niall's shoulder.

"Take Adaley next door to look at paint colors while I pay. I don't want her to know how much everything cost." Harry whispered and nodded, taking Adaley away. When Harry turned to the cashier he was frozen.

"You're Harry." The cashier breathed and Harry nodded, sighing heavily. "I don't want your autograph or anything. I just wanna your guys' killer progress in these five years. Y'all are an inspiration." He told Harry and Harry blushed slightly.

"Thank you." Harry murmured and gave him a smile. "So how much of a damage did we do?" he asked, chuckling softly. The cashier rang up all his purchase.

"Your total comes to 5,236.89 dollars, sir. That price includes delivery and set up." The boy explained and Harry nodded, swiping his card. After giving the cashier the address for the delivery he smiled.

"Nice to meet you!" Harry said happily and left the store, meeting up with Niall and Adaley at the paint store. Niall handed him a can of paint and grinned. Harry read the label and chuckled. "Pink?" he asked and Adaley nodded, smiling widely.

"It's my favourite colour!" She said happily. When they were finally done shopping and dropped Niall off they were sitting in the SUV, both of them thinking hard.

"What do you want to eat, princess?" he asked turning to look at her. She cuddled into his side and yawning softly. Harry smiled softly down at her.

"I dunno." She mumbled tiredly and nuzzled her face into the stuffed animal in her hands. Harry chuckled softly.

"Why don't we just go home? We can get just make some finger food and watch movies." He suggested and she nodded silently. Only a few minutes later they pulled up in front of Harry's apartment. He looked down and felt a smile grow on his face when he saw Adaley passed out against his side. He picked her up bridal style and carried her inside. He laid her down on his bed and went back to her room, grabbing her pajamas. He walked back in and quickly changed Adaley and himself for bed. He shut off the light and climbed into the bed next to Adaley. He pulled the covers up and she nuzzled her face into his neck, sighing softly.

"Love you Daddy." She mumbled and Harry gently hugged her to his side.

"I love you too princess. I always will."